5.30.2009

Memorial Weekend Fun

Over Memorial Weekend we decided to take a trip down south. Some of the highlights were:

*We got to stay with my Grandma and Grandpa in Filmore the first night. She of course had made delicious Strawberry Pie and made us feel at home!

*The kids thought we were staying in a 5 star hotel. When we walked into the hotel in St. George they kept saying "Wow theirs a TV in here!" "Wow look at that toilet!" "Mom did look at that, they gave us shampoo!" It doesn't take much to impress them. They of course loved having a swimming pool at the hotel but their favorite was the continental breakfast in the morning.

*Seeing Mike's brother's family. They were very gracious to us and our very hyper kids! The kids loved playing with their cousins. They especially loved that they had a trampoline! Mike doesn't let the kids jump on them very often because he thinks they are dangerous and of course Kade ended the weekend with a black eye.

*We went out to a YUMMY fondue restaurant. Of course everything served was stuff I'm not supposed to eat, but I ate it all and it was DELICIOUS!

*We went out on Wes's boat and had a blast. I am just barely recovering from the neck jerks and body slams...effects from riding in the tube. Wes was brutal to me. But it was a blast. Brayden even went on the wake board with Wes and thought it was a riot! Kaylee and Kade went on a very mild ride on the tube, mostly they just sat in the boat and looked beautiful:)

Mike was very kind and didn't take his golf clubs down. After seeing all the green's it's killing him to go back down. Can't wait for another fun weekend.

8 comments:

Clements Family said...

Oh so fun! Love seeing the pictures and hearing about your trip. I think we should go down one weekend!

Clements Family said...

Oh and one more thing...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Sara said...

Family trips are the best and it looks like you guys sure had fun! I love taht last little bum pic! That is awesome! Oh and that is nice of Mike to leave his clubs home... that would have been tough for Tommy too:)

The Lind's said...

So fun! I am so sad that we missed seeing you! Things were so crazy...and still are! Can't wait to be out of boxes! But sure looks like you had a great time! Love the cheek picture!! Congrats on Becky and Paul...how fun to have Becky as your sil! I miss you! Oh and of course HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Sure hope you had a very happy day and got spoiled!!

trishypoo32 said...

Hey chica, I am blog stalking you now. I just barely saw your comment from months ago! I'm glad you blog stalked me!

Kayle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
gentry said...

Fun weekend! I can't believe Paul got married! How exciting. I love Becky! Telly them congrats!

gentry said...

and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!...sorry it's Betsy, Gentry was still logged in.