*We had a chance to go out with my primary presidency and their husbands. It was a fun night and we went to my favorite place, Texas Roadhouse. A night of friends, eating and no kids is always a great time!
*Mike and I had our ten year reunion. Their wasn't a very good turnout and the food was mediocre. Mike was a good sport and hung out with me and my girlfriends. Their husbands all stayed home to watch football. We felt as if we were in high school again. We had no kids and we went to a late night movie afterwards. I can't tell you how long it's been since I have gone to a late show. It was fun just being with him.
A glimpse of me and some of my friends 10 years ago...
Thanks Lindsay for the pictures:)
Here's us now. A few girls were a year younger then us but it seemed weird not having them there. They were a part of all of our high school memories.Katie, Me, Sunny, Betsy, Diana, Lindsay, and Allison
Brayden is still busy with soccer and loving every minute of it! He is doing so well in school and LOVES going everyday. He has shown a interest in so many subjects and truly enjoys learning. His teacher has started teaching some kids guitar lessons. This is something that he really wants to start doing. I guess he will have a new hobby soon...if Santa agrees with this.
Kaylee is a social butterfly! She loves making new friends and making sure everybody is happy at recess. She just learned to tie her shoes and she lost another tooth. Her reading is progressing a lot and loves to read Junie B. Jones books with me before bed.
I think Kade has given up on life at the age of 3. He is totally OBSESSED with sweat pants. He wants to wear "cold pants" (that's what he calls them because he puts them on when he is cold) or jammies all day, everyday. I tried to get him excited about some new jeans I bought for him. He said, "Thanks Mom, but I wear my cold pants today." He still is loving school. Fortunately we haven't had any "teacher visits" yet. So I guess he is behaving himself.
I am in a weird place right now. I'm not quite sure what to do with my extra time. I have spent the last 8 1/2 years devoting ALL my time to changing diapers, wiping snotty noses, getting the kids a drink when they are thirsty, reading stories, playing games, putting out arguments, etc, etc. So many people told me to enjoy my kids because they grow so fast. I totally didn't believe them and couldn't wait for some ME time while they were in school. Now my days are so quiet and I kind of feel lost. I need something to direct my energy to. Hopefully soon I can figure out what I'm supposed to do with my time. I am staying busy making watches, working on primary, catching up on my shows at night, hanging out with my hubby, and trying to enjoy the moments.
Mike is staying busy with work. He has recently been called to work in the young men's. He has loved working with the boys. He is always so kind to take Brayden to soccer so I don't have to wait in the cold. He is constantly helping me out and lifting my spirits (ex. laundry, dishes, dinner, making lunches, bathing the kids, massages, dates, and flowers.) I couldn't do it without him.
Other then that, our life is quite boring right now. I am loving the change in seasons! I love cuddling up with a blanket and a warm bowl of soup. I love being in comfy warm clothes sitting by a heater (maybe this is where Kade gets the sweats thing from?) Life is....life right now.


5 comments:
Loved catching up on what is going on with you!! I haven't talked to you all week! Cute picture of you guys at Texas Roadhouse!
Heather I am so much taller than all of you I look like a giant! What is up with that?
Cute picture can you email a copy to me since I forgot my camera.
Love the cold pants, he is one funny kid.
love the updates!! And I loved the pics!!
OK...sorry that your pasta was hot! I feel bad! I hope you try it again-maybe don't use so much red pepper flakes:) I don't know!
Post a Comment