10.15.2009

Kaylee, Kaylee, Kaylee...

Kaylee has this little bully in her class that has for some reason decided to pick on Kaylee. Kaylee has such a tender heart and she is so upset everyday about this. I've told her to talk to the girl and tell her that it hurts her feelings. But, Kaylee is so worried that it might her the other girls feelings if she talks to her about it. I've told her that this girl is probably jealous of her and that's why she does it. So instead of talking to the girl I guess she has figured out another way to deal with it. Here was our conversations this morning as I was doing her hair.

Kaylee: I am really going to make ______ jealous today. My hair is so pretty today. I just keep getting prettier and prettier. Soon ______ will be SO jealous of me.
Me: You are a pretty girl but you can't be a snot like her, or soon your friends won't want to be around you.
Kaylee: I just want to be pretty. What else could I do to make myself prettier? Could I put make-up on today cause then I would REALLY look pretty.
Me: NO, makeup is just for dress up and besides you don't need makeup to make yourself look pretty.
Kaylee: (she takes a good long look at me in the mirror.) Well Mom, makeup sure makes you A LOT prettier.
NOTE: I had messy bed head and no make up. In fact I probably still had sleep lines on my face.

So, here is a picture of her today. I sure hope her beauty doesn't make anybody jealous. She had to add her necklace for an extra beautiful touch.

Here is another picture of Kaylee with her black eye. As you can tell from the picture it's hardly noticeable. But she was so upset that she was going to have to go to school like that. She was sure nobody would think she was pretty.

How vain can one child be?

4 comments:

Clements Family said...

Oh my sweet Kaylee...you are beautiful (black eye and all)! I don't know why any girl would pick on you!

Mikesell Family said...

That is HILARIOUS! I am laughing so hard. She is so cute. Love her!

Bree said...

Ha ha she's so funny. I remember in high school my boyfriend dumped me and I wore a tight shirt the next day, trying to make him jealous, hopefully she will stop before it comes to that.

Did I just admit that, crap!

Julie said...

Thanks for your sweet comment! Oh I love Kaylee she is one of the sweetest little thing ever! I can't believe how much she has grown up since I have last seen her. And Kaylee you are soooo beautiful, I want to look just like you.