Their are some days that you can't help but wish they would be over. In November our family has 3 days in a row that we get to celebrate and remember important things in our lives. Nov 8 is Mike's birthday. Nov 9 is the day that Mike's Dad passed away (2 years ago.) Nov. 10 is our anniversary (Happy Anniversary Babe!) I can post later and share my appreciation for my husband. But for now, I am not celebrating today, I will celebrate my anniversary on a different day. I'm not supposed to be ornery, grumpy, mad, irritated, and upset. So for now I will list all the "wonderful" things that have been going on.
Yesterday, I woke up, ironed the kids clothes, made them breakfast, made their lunches, got their stuff ready for school, and piled all the kids in the car. As I was backing up I noticed that the car was bouncing around. We had a flat tire (this is the exact moment where I began having a bad attitude.) We were already running late, so I couldn't call another neighbor to take the kids (they were actually punctual and had already left.) My awesome neighbor volunteered to drop off my kids before he took his own. I was bummed because I figured my whole day was shot because I had no car. Well, after dropping my kids off at school he came back with an air compressor and filled my tire back up. SO AWESOME! I was able to go to the tire shop and have them fix the flat...and I went in my pajamas.
A couple hours later, Brayden called me from school and told me he had hurt his ankle. He was playing soccer and a boy slide tackled him and slid right into his ankle. Mother of the Year tells him to toughen up and I will look at it when he gets home. Well when he came home it was swollen and bruised. GREAT. Well my AWESOME neighbor's WAY WAY AWESOME wife came over and took a look at it. She advised us to take him in to get an x ray. So my WAY WAY AWESOME neighbor took Kaylee and Kade so I could head up to Primary's with Brayden. We sat in the waiting room for some time (probably just enough time to be infected by the many many people that were there with the swine flu, strep throat, and croup. Ya, it wasn't pleasant.)
Once they took us back they did an x ray on Brayden and put a split on his foot. They couldn't see a fracture in the bone, but said their could be one on the growth plate. We will go next week to meet with a specialist. So for now he is enjoying the attention he is getting, but hating the fact he can't run around.
Today I was in charge of the neighborhood preschool. Because I had spent the previous night in the hospital, I had nothing prepared. Luckily they couldn't tell I was winging it.
Today was also retake picture day (and yes, Kaylee needed retakes REALLY bad.) I forgot about it and sent her with a slicked back pony tail. She is going to have an AWESOME picture, one that she can remember every time she looks at the class picture. She only cried about this for about an hour after she got home from school. I guess I'm going to need to hire someone to take some different pictures.
And I just found a redbox DVD that I forgot to return. I got it 3 weeks ago.
This list could go on, but I will save it for another post. Their can't be too many fabulous things in one post:)


4 comments:
Oh Heath...I am sorry! I feel so horrible that you have gone through all of that. I really want to help...what can I do?
heather, you can always call me on my cell. Even if I have already left to take Jed, I would be happy to come back and get your kiddos for school!!! SOrry about Brayden. :(
Heather I Love reading your Blog! I'm So sorry all that Happened to you that is terrible!
You win for crappiest day:) I'm sorry. Good news is, it can only get better right?...crap I hope I didn't just jinx you for saying that. Happy thoughts:)
Post a Comment