9.15.2010

Back to School...

Brayden 4th grade.
What a traumatizing day for me. At the charter school, we have to supply all their school supplies. So, the first day of school the kids had loads of stuff they had to take. I reassured them that I would help carry it all in. Brayden QUICKLY hopped up and showed me how he could carry it all himself and didn't need my help getting to class. We went back and forth a little about how it was ok I could help, and no it was ok he didn't need help. It took a minute before it really sank in. He didn't WANT my help. He was embarressed for me to help him to class. I wanted to prove this theory incorrect. So, after I took Kaylee to class I walked by his class to make sure he made it ok. And of course, he was sitting in his seating just fine. But the second he saw me, his face went bright red. He quickly waved but then turned away. My head hung low and I walked away. I didn't cry when he started Kindergarten, but I cried that day. He's growing up.

Kaylee 2nd Grade
Kaylee was miss diva starting school. She luckily let me walk her to class. I felt like I was following Elle Woods from Legally Blonde, down the hall. She was swinging her hips back and forth, backpack slung over her shoulder. She was just missing the snapping of her gum. Every person she walked by was like, "Oh Hi Kaylee!" And she in return addressed EVERY SINGLE PERSON we walked by. She is going to be trouble!

I'm telling them to get close so I can take the picture and Brayden is uttering under his breath
"Kaylee don't you dare touch me."
Speaking of trouble...
Kade 4 yr Preschool

Kade has been so excited to start school. He had his close layed out. He also had a book and crayons ready to put in his back pack. Kade is going to school this year with his buddy Bennett.

Kade waiting patiently to go in. Here goes a new adventure for all of us!

No comments: