9.15.2010

Candycane Lightning...

Kade is playing his first season of outdoor soccer. He loves it! He is playing with some friends from the neighborhood which makes it so much fun. He lives his weeks around soccer practice and soccer games.

Top left picture: Kade, Evan, Lauren, and Bennett eating half time snack. I'm not so sure how I feel about that. It's like, let's pause the game and feed you all a meal real quick. I feel like they are eating more then they are playing soccer. I guess I'm just used to Brayden's games where they don't even get a treat at the end. Oh well, they are little, they need something to motivate them. Sorry for the rant. Top right: Lauren. She is the CUTEST girl ever. Her dad is the coach. The very first game the coach asked, "Who's tired?" (meaning who needed to sub out? Who was tired of running?) (note: Lauren was not playing and had not played yet.) Lauren hollers out, "I'm tired!" We were all laughing so hard. Bottom pictures: The kids learning where their team goals were and what way they would be running.
Evan and Kade waiting patiently on the side lines.
Most kids during half time got to pause and eat their "meal." Not Kade, he got to have "the talk" from Dad. He was charging the field every time we kicked off. He would run the ball down and score. Every time. We had to try and nip it.  He needed to try and pass and play defense, no more scoring. Good luck with that
A little way through the game this is how we found Kade. I'm not sure if his legs got cold, or if he was tired of his socks falling down. Either way, I think he was making a new soccer fashion statement.
I was SO proud of Kade during his second game. It was like he finally got "it." He scored a few goals and then his coach asked him to help everybody else. He would run the ball down the field and then juggle it a little until somebody else would get down there. Then he would lightly tap it to them, and they would kick it in the goal. Everyone on the team ended up scoring during that game.
I was so proud that even though he's only 4, he could understand the importance of teamwork. That is so hard, and tempting not to kick it in yourself. But he has been working so hard at passing and playing defense. He's such a stud!
And without fail, every time he runs off the field he says to me, "Mom, I so sirsty!" And then guzzles his water.
I can't wait to see him grow as an athlete. Way to go bud!

After the soccer game we went to the Farmers market in South Jordan. When we stopped to visit the parrot the kids were a little surprised when it started talking to them and it sounded just like Grandma Sonia!!!! They couldn't stop laughing. The library had a booth set up and somehow Grandma ended up as the parrot. They loved teasing her and tickling the parrot. They loved it!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Oh he is such a miny mike!!! i can't beleive how old our kiddies are getting...and disneyland looks like so much fun!!good for you guys:)