Over Labor day weekend we had the opportunity to go to Southern California for a soccer tournament with Brayden's team. We didn't know how much free time we would have, so we took advantage of our very first day we arrived in California, by going to Disneyland. We woke up at 5:00 am to get ready, get to the airport, and board the plane. As soon as we landed in California we got our rental car and went straight to Disney. Looking back, it was all probably too much for one day, but it was well worth it and still fun.
The kids thought it was so cool that we actually got to walk outside and walk onto the airplane. It was so much easier traveling with the kids a little bit older. This was the first time we didn't have to bring a stroller, and bunch of car seats. We checked a couple booster seats at the counter and then we just walked through the rest of the airport. It was a breeze!
Kade was my airplane buddy on the way there. He was so giddy to get some peanuts and "spwite."
Kade was already in a "mood" before we entered the gates of Disney. He wouldn't even look at the camera for a picture (and it wasn't because the sun was in his eyes.) I love the feel as you walk in the gates of Disney, it's just so happy. As I was soaking it all in, Brayden leans into me and says, "Mom this place isn't very magical anymore." Hmmm, that kind of ruined my moment. I just told him to go hang out with his Dad the rest of the day.
It's a good thing my kids weren't too interested in the characters this year, because we hardly saw any. The ones we did see we quickly waved to in passing. Kaylee stopped to see Princess Tiana and we saw Mickey in Toontown. All the others were just in the parade.
Kade wanted to participate in the Jedi training SOOO bad. But once again, Brayden got picked for it. Kade was so upset. But Brayden was kind enough to give him his certificate of completion. Kade didn't really figure out why that was cool?
Disney was the best this year. Their were no lines. Kade was tall enough to ride every ride except Indiana Jones. We would all just stand in every line together and ride, no stroller passes or waiting. It was great. We had my Mom and Kenny with us. It helped with melt downs, when kids were tired, we had someone extra to laugh with, and the kids just love having them around.
Finding Nemo
Buzz Lightyear
Toon Town
As we were leaving the park we got to see Mickey and Minnie
And Pluto!!! As we were getting to the park, I asked Kade who he wanted to see the very most. He said, "All the characters, and Pluto." I'm so glad his wish was granted. Pluto even played around with him because their was no line.
This explains how tired we were at the end of the night.




3 comments:
WHAT?!?! That makes me sad Brayden said Disney isn't so magical! Looks like fun! I am jealous.
Holy cow tons of updates. I have to comment on them all here. First things first..love Disneyland..need I say more? Second. I TOTALLY agree to the 1/2 time treats...I think they are silly, so our team doesn't do them. I'm sure everyone is mad, but I don't care. As if kids don't eat enough junk anyway after the game. OK I love that picture of Brayden where he looks scared to go on the ride. PRICELESS. I love all the memories you posted. So fun to read them.
I seriously LOVE Disneyland especially now that I have my own Kids! We went in April, and it was all so REAL to Lucy and my neices. Looks like you guys had a ton of fun!! Your kids are so stinkin adorable!!
Post a Comment