It has taken me a long time to blog my birthday. With it being summer, I just haven't had the time. I wanted to wait until I had plenty of time to blog this and how fabulous everybody made it for me! After you read this you'll understand what I'm talking about. I am surrounded by the best people!
A couple weeks before my birthday my girlfriends planned a night of pampering. We got glitter toes done and spray tans. We went to the home of someone and just chilled in our jammies, and ate treats. It was some much needed beauty therapy.
The day of my birthday started out so dreary! We had a soccer meeting for Brayden's team. It was supposed to be a picnic but we were huddled in blankets, coats, and beanies. I think that's a first for my birthday. I remember sitting by the pool laying out on almost every birthday...not this year! I also was unexpectedly hit with the "blues." Turning 30 ended up being hard for me. I also have had a really hard time with anxiety lately. Mike had told me he had a date planned for me, but it was a secret. I immediately started to stress about it. In return I made myself sick. His plans were quickly changed so I could stay close to home. We hit Fortune Cookie for dinner, one of my favorite but I was unable to really eat. But look how sweet he is...he rented out the whole restaurant just for me...(haha not really)
Me and my baby! Notice I'm still wearing my coat
Old woman now! Kade had told me he was really sorry because now that I was old, I would probably die soon. That really helped lift my spirits:)
After dinner we went and saw Pirates of the Caribbean. I pretty much just want to forget this actual day. This was not the good part of my birthday.
Friends stopped by with fun gifts. I was spoiled rotten by everybody!
The day of my birthday I talked to some neighbors about being upset over "30." They were trying to express to me that 30 is a great age to be and help ease my anxieties. So, about a week after my birthday, they planned an awesome get together for me. I again felt very anxious over this, because I had no idea what they had planned. I just knew they had taken my picture to use for something, and in the past they have embarrassed the birthday girl. I did not want that. I should have had more faith in them, and realize that they know me oh so well. I wish I had pictures from the actual evening, but I haven't gotten any yet. So, I will try to paint a picture for you, and share with you the gift they gave me. It is honestly one of the most thoughtful things I have every received. They put so much time into this night.
As I walked in the door, many of my favorite friends and neighbors were already there. Each one of them were dressed up differently. Some were wearing aprons, some were mermaids, some were sporting floaty's and swim goggles, some were dressed up complete with a tiara, one even wore a skirt made of diapers. I could not figure out what they were doing!!!! After I got a good laugh from them, they presented me with a gift. It was a book that they had taken the time to make me. The idea of the book was to show me that there are incredible women, that have done incredible things in their 30's. I have scanned each page....
Front page
Lovely me...That's why they needed my picture
Each person added qualities they saw in me. I love turning to this when I'm having a down day.
I love Becca's sign that says "Validated." She says once you turn 30 your thoughts and ideas are now validated. People no longer look at you lie you don't know what you're talking about. This has helped me a ton! I feel more comfortable speaking up.
My heart swells as I look at these pages, and relive this night. We had so much fun laughing and giggling with each other. I love each of these women for different reasons. They have all helped me individually to become a better person. I KNOW I can rely on any one of them for anything. There are a few women that I would like to add to this book because of the strength and example they have given to me. I love being surrounded by amazing people. I'll just say, I'm no longer upset about 30. I'm excited for the things to come, and the things I still get to accomplish.

2 comments:
Beautiful gift for a beautiful GIRL! Brought tears to my eyes! Love ya!
I love it. what sweet neighbors!!!!
Post a Comment