8.05.2011

Desert Sharks Triathalon...

Brayden decided this year that he was interested in participating in a kid's triathlon. After we were sure that he really wanted to do it, we signed him up. He didn't train very well for this event, so I was a little nervous how he would do. He practiced the swimming once, the length of the bike ride once, and ran a mile here and there. It's a good thing this kid is in awesome shape already, because he ended up doing fantastic!!!

Here he is taking his bike to the race site.
Number 45!!!!

Before the swim started. He had to swim down the length of the pool and back. It ended up being 100 yards

His turn!!!

It was so fun being able to be right there and cheer him on. He did incredible! I thought he would get tired but he never did. 
I think he was actually trying to smile in this pic 
Kade was more interested in the chick-fil-a cow then Brayden swimming. 
Yay! He completed his swim in 2:59. Off to his bike...

He took a little packet of goo and he was off. It took him 2:34 to transition. The bike portion of the race was 3.2 miles. This part freaked me out because we couldn't follow him. I was so worried he would get lost, or tired, or cold, or hurt and I wouldn't be there to help him. Of course he was fine, but I was worried.

While we waited Kaylee was doing her usual back bends. 
Here he is finishing up. He completed the bike portion in 17:12

Bringing in his bike. He took 1:20 to transition into the run. The run was a 1.2 mile run.

While he ran we enjoyed the many things they had to offer: Chocolate milk, chick-fil-a chicken sandwiches, fruit, and water. 
Mike went and ran the last bit with him to help keep his energy strong. He finished the run in 9:21

I was so proud of him for accomplishing something so big. He was racing against kids all the way up to age 15. He did so well! He was beaming the rest of the day!

2 comments:

Jamey said...

That is awesome! I would like to do that kind of a triathalon - one any bigger would scare me. Way to go!

Nick and Amera said...

What a stud to do all of that at such a young age!!! How incredible to accomplish that! And I love all the posts below....dance and your birthday. What an awesome team of women and friends you have to give you that support and friendship!! 30 is a scary age for me too--im dreading it. But Im glad it was a smoothe ride for you :) So fun, I loved catching up on your blog. I hope your step dad is doing better! hope to catch up with ya soon sometime!!!! P.S. I totally love that pict of your kids at the very top....super adorable!