8.20.2011

It's great to be eight!

June 25th was all about Kaylee! Once the princess woke up, the entire rest of the day was devoted to her.

While the boys were at soccer practice, we went for pedicures
They put a feather in her hair while her toes were being painted. 
After some time spent at the nail salon, we went to the pool for a couple hours. Since this was a "no party" birthday year, we just let her invite a couple friends to come with us.

The girls catching some rays (Kaylee was trying to be Sharpay from HSM)
Kaylee, Hallee, Katrina and Abby
Kaylee, Hallee, and Katrina 
Love these pictures of the kids jumping in the water 
Kade is a maniac!!! 
After the pool, Kaylee thought her day of celebrating was over. Boy was she wrong! We got ready and then I whisked her away once again....without the boys.

I took her to get her hair done. Thanks Katie for the up-do. She loved it!
(these phone pics are horrible but I wanted to add them to document her day.)
Then I took he to the mall. She got her make-up done at Nordstroms (I might of snuck in a little make over as well:)) Then it was off to try on dresses. She tried on a dozen different styles and colors. I loved that the deciding factor was how well it twirled! She is still my little girly girl. After many different ones, she chose a winner, black satin that twirled perfectly!

After she picked out her perfect dress, we left the mall. She was a little sad because her day was coming to an end....so she thought. She kept saying, "I wish I had somewhere to wear this pretty dress." I told her that we had to stop at Olive Garden real quick to pick up something for Dad. When we walked back to the back, she was surprised to see some of her loved ones waiting there to share a birthday dinner with her. She was exstactic! My kids think Olive Garden is the top notch fancy place to go, so she couldn't have been happier!

Opening her new scriptures
Me, Mike and some creepy kid in the background (I went for the smokey eye look. Still too scared to do it myself though) 
Kaylee enjoying her Fettuccine Alfredo. 
Kaylee and her aunt Adrianne 
This was such a fun way to spend the day with my little girl. We love going out and doing girly things. She was more then thrilled with the way she spent her eighth birthday!

1 comment:

Jamey said...

Heather, you are such a cute mom! I bet she loved everything about her day - I hope I remember some of the fun things when my princess turns 8!