I keep changing the blog, I know, I know. I needed a change with it, I thought it was so depressing. I thought if I did something with fun colors and added an upbeat song it would help my spirits. But after changing it to the blue background I hated it. I'm not sure how I feel about the green either, so stayed to see what else I change. I wish I knew exactly how this whole blog thing worked and I could sit down and make it exactly how I wanted. But since I'm a newby at this I'm gonna stick with the basic.
I haven't posted for a couple days, and I'm sorry, I was being a little negative. I know life happens and it doesn't always happen the way we want it to. And you know what, I'm ok with that. I think I was just a little sleep deprived, and getting a little grouchy, and what a better place to complain to...my computer. I just need to remember their are a lot of people reading it. Maybe a journal would be a more appropriate place:) But since my last post things are looking up for us. We have gotten rid of the stomach flu. I had the chance to go out for some much needed girl time. We had a good Thanksgiving. Mike has had the last couple of days off and it's given us the opportunity to get some stuff done around the house. We spent the day cleaning and organizing so we can get ready to put up Christmas decorations. I didn't wake up and shop all the crazy sales today, but we did go out later and buy a few Christmas presents and it just got me so excited for the Christmas season! I love seeing all the Christmas decorations and hearing the Christmas music. We started shopping early this year so we can try and enjoy the holidays a little bit more this year. I'm so glad we decided to that. Now we can sit back and enjoy each other and our family. I truly am so blessed.
Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow. (Source:Melody Beattie)
4 comments:
That was an awesome quote! I needed to hear that. You missed out on the crazy shopping. I went at 4:15am, and it was actually pretty entertaining. But you know me I will shop any hour of the day.
I actually like the blog this way. I can see the pictures better! Good job!
Great quote! You always have great thoughts! I needed that one! Hope you guys are doing great!
Great quote! You always have great thoughts! I needed that one! Hope you guys are doing great!
I know how you feel about posting things that might be more appropriate in a journal, but I like reading other people's personal posts so I decided I would share personal posts too. It's nice to know how people are really feeling.
I skipped the morning shopping also...I went from 10pm-12am...no crowd problem then.
Post a Comment