11.26.2007

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

Last night we planned a fun night and invited Grandma Sonia over for Sunday dinner and Christmas decorating. We didn't get much done but it was fun enjoying each other's company we sang Christmas carols and had a good time. The kids enjoyed cuddling with Grandma more then putting up the tree. But in the end, the tree got up.
Brayden got to put the top of the tree on, he was so proud of himself. This morning Mike woke up and made us all breakfast and he put the kids breakfast on the "special" plate and Brayden said "Oh yeah, I'm special cause I put the top of the tree on huh?" I didn't know it would mean so much to him.
Afterwards Kade and Kaylee wanted to be lifted up just like Brayden had.
Kaylee had to do a full on cheerleader pose though....
After getting all my Christmas stuff out and listening to Christmas music it's made me start thinking about some of my favorite Christmas things. Here are a few....
Favorite Christmas CD: Josh Groban NOEL SO, SO, SO Good If you like Christmas music
Favorite Christmas Movie: Polar Express. My Grandma used to read the book to us every year. So I have great memories of that story. I was so excited when they came out with the movie. It's now my kids favorite too!
Favorite Christmas Activity: Looking at Christmas Lights, Going to Winder Dairy and getting scones, and decorating Gingerbread houses
Favorite Christmas Smell: Hobble Creek Cinnamon Vanilla Candle & Bath & Body Plug Ins in Pumpkin
Favorite Christmas Appetizer:
Cheese Ball
8 oz cream cheese
flat can crushed pineapple (drain)
mix with a hand mixer
Green Pepper 2 Tbsp Grated
1/2 tsp accent
sliced almonds-crushed
Mix together
Lay nuts on Seran wrap put cream cheese ball on nuts and roll up in wrap. make sure the nuts are covering the outer edge of the cream cheese. Chill and then serve with crackers.
We have had this at every Christmas party I can ever remember. Yummy.
Favorite Christmas Dessert: Pumpkin Pie and Pumpkin Cake
Pumpkin Cake
1yellow cake mix *reserve 1 cup cake mix to be used later*
To the rest of the cake mix add:
1 egg
1/2 butter or margarine softened
Mix and press in the bottom of 9x13 pan and set aside.
Mix together
1 can pumpkin (29 oz size)
4 eggs
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 1/3 cup evaporated milk
1 tsp salt
2 tsp pumpkin spice
(or 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/4 tsp cloves)
Pour mixture over cake mixture in cake pan
Combine :
1 cup reserved cake mix
1 tsp cinnamon
3 Tbsp butter or margarine
Crumble over pumpkin mixture
Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes
Hope you enjoy some of my favorites!

3 comments:

Clements Family said...

Cute pix, sorry your night didn't turn out quite right...thanks for the recipes...I can't wait to try them!

busymama said...

That is my favorite Holiday dessert too - I made it for Thanksgiving dinner! We have such good taste!!

The Lind's said...

So fun! I love Christmas! Cute pix of the family! Thanks for the recipes...I can attempt to make them. How about you just make them for me! Just teasing. I am excited to see you soon!! Ahh. You better make some time for me!