11.09.2007

In Remembrance


William (Bill) Frank Davis
1947-2007

The end has finally come after his short battle with cancer. Thanks to all who have been there for our family. Bill was a great example to me in the way he lived his life. He was a quiet giant, a hard worker, easy to please, eager to lend a hand and enjoyed the simple things in life. Even as his illness progressed, he kept a positive attitude and upbeat spirit and left us an example to follow as we face our personal adversities. Even in the end he was thinking of others, he wanted to make sure he didn't go on Mike's birthday...and he made sure of that. He went out of this world as he wanted to. Bill you are always in our hearts and will be sorely missed. You are now in a better place where you can continue to lead our family from above. I'm sure your already running free playing soccer.
A viewing will be held on Wednesday, November 14th, from 6-8PM at the Broomhead Funeral Home, 12590 S. 2200 W., Riverton and one hour prior to funeral services. Funeral services will be held on Thursday, November 15th, from 11-Noon at the LDS Chapel on 10227 S. 4000 W. Burial: Wasatch Lawn Memorial Park South Valley, Riverton.

9 comments:

The Bullocks said...

My mom is here visiting and Told me Bro. Davis only had a few short days, so I've been checking in on your blog to hear any news.
We are so sorry for your loss, I truly love the Davis family so much and always loved having them in our ward growing up. Bro. Davis always had such a kind sweet demeanor.
you guys are in our thoughts and prayers. we love you and I hope you'll be able to feel heavenly fathers love for you and your family.

Mikesell Family said...

I just want you guys to know our prayers are with you. I am so sorry. If there is anything I can do for you let me know. I can take your kids for a while so you an Mike can have some alone time too. Let me know. We love you guys!

The Lind's said...

Mike and Heather,
What a great man! The times I was around him, I always thought he was so calm and sweet. Mike was blessed with a great Dad. I am so sorry! I wish we could be there to support you guys and help in anyway. But know that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers! As hard as this time is, I hope it brings some peace just knowing that Bill is no longer in pain and is in a much better place! I pray that you are comforted at this hard time. I am so sorry! I love you guys!

The Balls said...

We were so sorry to hear about Mikes dad. We are truly sorry for your loss and have your family in our prayers. Brandon has only wonderful things to say about what a great man Bill was. Please let us know if there is anything we can do. We love you and pray that our Heavenly Father might bring you comfort and peace as you endure this trial.

Clements Family said...

I know we have said it a million times but your family has been in our prayers for the past few months. I guess we pray for you so much, Brooks even even prays for you! I know it brings so much comfort to know that Bill is finally at out of pain. We love you guys and let us know what we can do for you...like I said, we can be there in 20 minutes:)

Lindsey Stubler said...

We are so sorry to hear about Mike's Dad. We are lucky to have the gospel in our lives during such hard trials. We are praying for you guys and hope that you will let us help you in any way that we can. Your friendship is so important to us and we want you to know that we are here for you.

Di said...

I am so sorry for your loss. It's times like these that we can be so grateful for the gospel and our knowledge of eternal families. We wish you the best.

{Brittany} said...

Mike & Heather,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys at this time. We are so sorry for your tremendous loss, but also know that Bill is in a much better place and free of pain...what a blessing. Good luck this week. Please let us know if we can help with anything.
Love,
Tim & Britt

Alison said...

I am so sorry. I wish I would have been in better contact with you during this time so I could have done something. Lots of hugs.