*Thanks Betsy for the beautiful picture*
April 9, 2006 I was blessed with this beautiful little boy. He has been such a blessing in my life, he is my BABY. Knowing that he is my last I think I have wanted him to stay a baby a little bit longer. I just want to hold him and rock him still, but he wants to run and play. I have done a lot of thinking lately and looking around at kids his age and realized he IS NOT a baby anymore. He is almost 2! I think I need to move on and let him grow up. I decided that the first step in doing this...it's time to give up the bottle. Ok, so it's out in the open. I confess. My almost 2 year old still has a bottle.
We are now on night #2 without a bottle and so far so good. He has had a few meltdowns, mostly yelling at me for a "ba ba." I've tried replacing it for a stuffed animal tonight he promptly threw that at me and told me NO! But I told him he's a big boy now and that the ba ba's have been taken to the babies. He again yelled at me and said NO! But overall I have been very proud of him and the transition he has made. I definitely thought it was going to be worse, I thought that's why I put it off so long. In the end, I know my baby rules me, their is no way I would have let Brayden or Kaylee have had a bottle for so long. But no, I'm not ready to give up the binki yet (He can't grow up that quickly.) So since I have to let my baby grow up, I would love to borrow any of your babies for a little while, I would love it:)

9 comments:
Beautiful Picture!! I am so proud of you, maybe I will muster up the guts soon!
I love that pic. GREAT work Betsy! It is so cute! Great job on the bottle! He still seems so little to me. I can't believe he is almost 2. Time flies. He sure is a cute little guy!
You can borrow our baby come September! I'm glad you found my blog, now we can keep in touch more. It really was fun last night; we need to go out more often! and any time you and Mike go shopping, please call. It's the only way to get Pat to go.
I feel the same way! The closer Jaxons birthday is the harder it is!
It is so different when you know it is your last.
That is still one of my favorite pictures of Kade! You know only three short months and you are welcome to borrow my baby any time! I hope things are getting better with the bottle thing! I am sure that is so hard!!
Heather..don't you worry for a minute! My kids had their bottles til well...let's not talk about that. I love that pic of Kade too! Oh and my kids would still take a binky if I had one laying around. We had to cut them up for fear of them digging them out of the garbage. I have to agree, sometimes I'm sad my kids are getting older and I think stealing someone else's baby sounds like a good idea. (That way we can give it back when it cries right?)
Hey, my mom said that she would love to talk to your mom!!! She can call, email, anything at all! My email is: jameytobler at hotmail, then I will email you her info!
So Kade is going to be your last? That would make me want to hold on to that baby too! They grow so fast!
I totally know how you feel...sort of. Cannon is still little but I SO miss those first couple of months when he was so little and cuddly. If you are ever looking for a crawler, you are welcome to Cannon! People tell you they grow up so fast, but until you experience it you don't believe it, at least I didn't, now here we are 6 months later and I can't believe how big my baby is!
I was watching Super Nanny the other day. The one with the British Nanny named Jo. She is awesome! She had to help a kid give up the Binki (She called it a Paci) and this is what she did. It was so GREAT... She told him that he needed to mail the paci's to the Paci fairy and that she would deliver them to other boys and girls that needed them. She had him put them in the large, padded addressed envelope to the Paci Fairy and had him put it in the Mailbox. He struggled a little at night, but he knew he had mailed them away.
The next day she had him go check the mail with her to see if the Paci Fairy had come. She decorated the mailbox with feathers and sparkles and tons of fairy type items. There was a package for him from the Paci Fairy. She wrote him a thank you note, told him what she would do with the Paci's and gave him a toy. It was a really touching episode. Maybe they will repeat it. Just something to keep in mind when you decide it is time for the Binki to go.
Post a Comment