2.03.2008

Dumped On....

I'm pretty sure that's what happened to us last night, we were dumped on. I think it's impossible for tiny little snowflakes to fall one by one and accumulate this much snow in one night. When we woke up this morning we were blown away. Kade just sat at the window yelling "WOW! NO! (snow minus the s.) And it just kept coming. We had stake conference today and I thought I could brave the weather by myself and go. Boy was I wrong. When we opened our garage and saw how much snow I was going to have to get through, it should have been clue #1. Maybe seeing multiple cars in my neighborhood spinning out and stuck, should have been clue #2. The inability to see 15 feet ahead of you, maybe clue #3. But oh no, I was going to stake conference, They were making changes in our ward and I wanted to know what was going on. So I got in the big red beast, kicked in 4 wheel drive and headed down the driveway. I had to stop and wait for a few cars that were stuck, People pushing, tires spinning, the whole works. But I got about a mile down the road and I was scared to death! I couldn't see a thing. I pulled into a neighborhood to turn around, it took me awhile to actually find a driveway to turn around in, and then headed back home. So hopefully Heavenly Father will take into consideration my desire and determination to be there today, and he will forgive me for coming back home and getting back in my jammies!


The kids had a lot of fun on our homemade sledding hill in our front yard "helping" Mike shovel.


Even though I didn't make it to conference, my friend let me in on the changes. I'm so sad because they took a whole street that was in our ward and moved them into a different ward. It will be sad to lose them, one of the boys is Brayden's good friend. I just don't understand why they do things sometimes. We have a hard time week after week in our presidency meetings filling the Primary callings that we are in need of. So why would they make our ward smaller? Now it will a lot harder finding people to fill those callings. I guess that's when you go back and have to rely on faith, and trust things are done for a reason (I have had to do that a lot lately.) But I will miss those people and their sweet kids in primary.

Well it's snowing again, we'll see what the morning brings. If school is canceled, work better be canceled too! Hey, one can dream!
I was trying to change Kades's diaper, but he was SO excited about the snow, the second the front door opened he went running for it! He gave the neighbors a little peep show when they were shoveling.

8 comments:

Mikesell Family said...

I love Kade's little bum. There is nothing cuter than little kids! My boys rarely have their clothes on no matter what the temp is.

Clements Family said...

I can't believe how much snow you guys got out there...I saw it on the news...we got 14 inches and I thought that was bad! Sad about your ward!! Oh...and Kade's bum is so cute! How funny is that!

Kathy said...

That picture of kade is hilarious! It took me three trys to get out of our driveway yesterday too and it was so scary driving, but I was determined to get to the gym! looks like you guys had fun!

JAGBHansen said...

Can you even believe the weather! How fun for your kiddos. We don't have a sled so we went the other route and did a snow family! Bare bottoms are the cutest!

Jamey said...

I can't believe it is still snowing...We took pictures after Brad shoveled too. We had our stake conference yesterday too, but luckily we were able to make it, there were a few cars off the road on our way, and people had to be pulled and pushed to get out of the parking lot when we were done, it was crazy!

Sara said...

I couldn't help but giggle when i looked at that cute little hinny! That is so dang funny- i am glad you caught it on camera and then shared it with us!!! LOVE it!

The Lind's said...

I love Kade's cute little bum. With the little tan lines! Little kids are the best! Looks like the snow was fun! I do not miss that at all. However I am still dying to move back to it!!

Jeff and Brandi said...

Your little guy is awesome