2.14.2008

Happy Valentines...


I thought for Valentines I would take a walk down memory lane, even though this is a walk I don't necessarily enjoy all aspects of. Therefore I think I will delete some of the questions from the questionaire. So here are a few things about me and my sweetie...


1. Where/How did you meet? We met at Copper Hills High School. We were talking one day in the cafeteria. He casually said to me, "You're probably to good for me. You would never go out with me." And I said, "I guess you'll never know unless you try." And walked away. It's all history from there.

2. How long have you known each other? 10 years

3. How long after you met did you start dating? a week

4. How long did you date before you were engaged? 3 years

5. How long was your engagement? That's a touchy subject. Because I think we were actually engaged 3 different times. I think we were engaged for a month and a half before we were actually married.

6. How long have you been married? 7 years

7. What is your anniversary? November 10 (A Year later sealed in the Salt Lake Temple on December 1)

9. What kind of cake did you serve? I don't remember. I don't think any of it made it in my mouth when Mike fed it to me. I think it went in my face and down my dress and everywhere but my mouth. I don't think we actually served the cake at the reception either.

10. Where was your wedding? At our church

11. What did you serve for your meal?I think we had little sandwiches, maybe a salad, little desserts, and some punch. I'm not sure though. I know I was really hungry and wished I could go get some food but I never got the opportunity.

14. Did your spouse cry during the ceremony? Of course he did. My hubby's a little emotional. I think most people were crying. I'm not sure they were happy tears either. I think most people thought "These poor kids, they will never make it."

15. Most special moment of your wedding day? The whole day was really special. But actually for the first time feeling like I was accepted into Mike's family was a big deal for me. And knowing and truly feeling like I was one of their daughters meant a lot to me.

16. Any funny moments?
17. Any big disasters?
18. Where did you go on your honeymoon? 16, 17, & 18 all go together. We were SO broke. So we really couldn't go on a honeymoon. So we decided to go stay at a motel downtown. But we couldn't stay at any motel, we were on a tight budget! So we laugh to this day about the motel we stayed at. We joke that one day we will go back just for old times sake. We had friends offer to pay for one night at the Little America but we wanted to at least stay away for two nights and we couldn't afford to pay for the other night (how sad is that.) But when we got to the motel we hauled all our luggage up to the door in the freezing cold and they had given us the wrong key! So I had to stand out there for what seemed like forever while Mike went back to the office to switch the keys. Mike offered to pick me up and carry me through the door. I kindly declined.

19. How long were you gone? 2 nights and then we woke up early the last day had breakfast and wanted to come home and open our gifts.

20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change? Probably most everything. We had NO money to do anything. I feel like the whole thing was thrown together. I don't even have nice pictures from that day. Being 7 months pregnant I didn't think I would really want pictures, but I was wrong. Their are a lot of things I regret.

21. What side of the bed do you sleep on? The right. Mike would claim I sleep in the middle though.

22. What size is your bed? Queen

23. Greatest strength as a couple? Being respectful of each other's needs.

24. Greatest challenge as a couple? We don't really know how to fight very good. So when an argument comes up we aren't very successful at handleing it.

25. Who literally pays the bills? Mike works to pay the bills. I actually pay them.

26. What is your song? We have had a lot of songs over the years. Right now it's "I need you. " By Tim McGraw and Faith Hill

28. Describe your wedding dress: It was huge! Not like puffy, huge like big and fat 7 months pregnant huge. I just rented it, cause I knew I would never want it or be able to use it again for anything.




29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding? I did love my flowers. They were red roses and daisies.

30. Did you pick out your ring or did he surprise you with it? Another sore subject, (refer to question #5) but I think I will choose to answer it. The first time we were engaged I picked out the ring and it was beautiful! Then a week later we took it back. Then later we decided to get married but never actually bought a ring because we were so poor. Then when we actually did decide to get married I just picked out an anniversay band cause we couldn't afford anything else. But when we were at a hotel in Mesquite it was stolen by a maid. So it is now replaced with a $10 band from a silver store in the mall.

One day I will get the ring of my dreams. Right now it's not important. At one time I did think it was so important and if we would have gotten married then, we would have been married for all the wrong reasons. I've learned a lot through the years and I'm so greatful for all the experiences I've been able to share with my sweetheart whether they be good or bad. Because they have made us the couple we are today. I wouldn't trade him for the world, He is the best husband I could ever ask for.

*After much deliberation I decided to add a few photo's from our special day*

10 comments:

Clements Family said...

Oh that was so fun to read! How it brings back so many memories the three of us! I thought you were a beautiful bride...and your dress was not huge, you looked so cute with your cute belly!

Amazed said...

I'm always hearing about eveyone's elaborate honeymoons, etc. and I'm just shaking my head because ours was just like yours....poor!!!! When I look back, I think we just should have gone to our apartment and opened presents! I bet you were a darling (!) bride!!!!

busymama said...

Okay, I read this this morning, but didn't have time to comment. And now I have been thinking about you all day! I KNOW you were a beautiful bride, you are always beautiful (inside and out, little belly or big belly)! I loved the meme and want to do my own now!! I adore you - happy v-day (are you on the post-sugar crash too?!?)

{Brittany} said...

You are so cute! Isn't it so fun to look back and just laugh at all the funny things we thought were so important?! You guys are such an awesome couple and have made it through so much. Really, that's all that matters!

Clements Family said...

Hey...I am glad you posted pictures so everyone could see how cute you looked!

Sara said...

What a fun post! It was neat to read all the little details- I loveand respect your honesty. The tough times are what makes your relationship stronger! You guys are such a cute couple- Tommy and I miss the game nights and BBQ's! Oh and I'm glad you posted the pics- I have never seen them before! Man, your belly was tiny!

The Lind's said...

Cute pictures! Holy cow you guys look like babies! That was such a great post! You guys have made it through a lot! and are a great couple!

The Balls said...

Heather that was the sweetest thing I have ever read! You and your family are such an example to us. You have so much to be proud of and I admire you SO much!

Jamey said...

I liked reading about your wedding day. I remember that I was planning on coming up to it, but then we had that snow storm, and living in sunny St. George that long, I had never driven in snow. I remember how sad I was that I wasn't going to be able to make it! There are things that I regret from my wedding day too!

Alison said...

Heath--I remember how beautiful you looked on your wedding day. I am glad you posted pictures. Also I don't think I ever heard the story of the maid stealing your ring--WHAT?