For the last couple of days I have been receiving a phone call coming from an unknown name, and an 800 number that I didn't recognize. So I of course haven't answered it. Well tonight they finally left a message that left me a little paranoid. The message stated:
"This is Lynn, I'm calling from CBCS. Please return my call this is an attempt to collect a debt. You can reach me toll-free at 1-800-498-2223."
I for one have never dealt with a company by the name of CBCS, and two, I have no idea what this debt collection would be. So I promptly called "Lynn" back just to receive a recorded voice. It asked for my phone number so it could access my account (one of which does not exist) and then the last 4 digits of my Social Security number. It then says I'm sorry we're having troubles finding your account we will transfer you to an agent. It then hung up on me. I called back a couple times just for it to do the same thing over and over. I started to get frustrated because I wanted to know what this debt collection was and if they were even calling the right person, because not once was my name ever used. I decided to Google this companies name and the only thing that it pulled up were websites warning you about this company. Things like rip-off, scam, fraudulent, and suspicious.
So, after reading a few peoples opinion on this here is what I have come up with, in case they call you.
Don't call them back. They are trying to get as much information out of you, like your social security number, name, phone number, address, etc. They are trying to see how many dummies they can get to actually pay these non-existent bills. It looks like they have been able to really effect some peoples credit with these non-existent bills as well. So Good luck if they call you.
1 comment:
Oh my gosh...that is so scary. Well good thing that they didn't get all your info! Thanks for the warning!
Post a Comment