12.26.2008

Merry Christmas

The weather outside was definately frightful, but that didn't stop us from having an amazing day filled with family and fun. We decided to have a very quiet and relaxing Christmas Eve this year. My mom and Kenny came over and we had a nice dinner and we decorated Gingerbread houses and Gingerbread men.

Kade had his cookie decorated and then completely eaten within 2 minutes. They had a good time. We gave the kids new jammies for our Christmas Eve tradition and then sent them off to bed nice and early (7:30.) We did this in hopes we could get a few things done and then get to bed early ourselves, it didn't really work that well. Kaylee was so anxious she couldn't get to sleep. Brayden and Kade both went to bed right away but by 2:30 Brayden had already put in a full nights sleep. Since the wind was so bad he couldn't fall back to sleep so he laid in my bed for the rest of the night asking when we could open presents.



FINALLY, at 6:30 we let the kids get up and open presents. It was so much fun to see Kade's excitement with every little thing. His favorite thing throughout the day was his Diego bandaid's he got in his stocking. We are always so spoiled and so blessed by each of our families.

Even though it makes for a crazy day, we are so lucky to be close to all our parents and get to visit them on Christmas day. We didn't let the snow slow us down. We hopped in our big red beast of a vehicle and we were on our way. We were surrounded by so many loved ones all day, it was great!
Here's Grandma Sonia (Mike's mom) with all the Grand kids.

Two of my brothers. Paul and Ryan

My Dad with Kade and Brayden.

I can't believe that 2008 is almost over, this year has just flown by. I am looking forward to this upcoming year. My kids are at a great age I am thoroughly enjoying them. Their has been a lot of reflecting of this past year going on. I have either had to eliminate things that make me unhappy or re-introduce happy things into my life that had become lost to me. Mike and I have dedicated this next year for organizing and preparing. This economy is just so scary and you never know when you could be hit with a tragedy. It seems like everyone I know has been affected in some way.

I pray you all had a Merry Christmas and Hope for a happy 2009 New Year!

2 comments:

Clements Family said...

How fun! Love all those pictures...and love that Brayden couldn't sleep any longer! I remember being the same way! I need you to come show me on my computer how to do the whole collage thing.

busymama said...

So glad you had a wonderful Christmas, it's such a magical time of year! LOVE the pictures - what a great gift and they turned out great!