12.22.2008

What we've been doing...

You know the saying, "If you can't say anything nice, Don't say anything at all." That explains my long absence from blogging. We experienced a LONG off track time during the whole month of November through the beginning of December. We spent ALOT of time together:) There were moments when I would step back and think to myself, "When did I totally lose control? The kids have taken over."

Well I am happy to say the kids have been back in school for 2 weeks now, and things have been SOOOO pleasant. I am so happy with the way things are in my life right now. They will be back off again tomorrow for another 2 weeks but Mike will be off for a majority of that time. At least he will be able to assist me and help me with my sanity.

Since Kaylee get's out of school early her and Kade have been able to have some bonding time. They have become the best little buddies. It's cute to see them play with each other. This is how I saw them the other day after I turned on a Christmas movie for them. Kaylee had just curled up on Kade's lap.



We have continued to stay busy with Brayden's soccer. They are playing an indoor Futsal league right now and are ranked #1. Even if all the kids they are playing against are a foot taller then them...and some are girls.



Sometimes I can't get enough of this face. I love his chunky cheeks and big brown eyes. The kids have had fun playing in the snow. Brayden enjoys walking to school everyday. I do offer him a ride but he refuses, even today when it was coming down hard. Kaylee on the other hand insists on a ride. The other day I bundled her up and had her walk, and she told me she cried the whole way to school. I guess I won't do that again, I'm a horrible mom.


They have had fun trying to shovel the driveway before Dad gets home. They also enjoy doing our neighbor's driveway who is a single lady.

Every year I feel so guilty getting neighbor gifts because I'm so behind I don't have time to get any out. But I can proudly say I did get a few out this year! So it has been a joy to receive such fun gifts from my neighbors this year. Here are just a few fun things I have received.

Look at these cute wooden ornaments, she also gave me some yummy cinnamon almonds.

I got a wonderful appetizer book. I don't know if you can read it but on the cover it says: Appetizer: A food or drink that prefaces the main meal. Just as Christ's birth is really just the appetizer to his wonderful life, example, & atonement.



And sad but true, this pot is empty. Because once I received it my whole family was eyeing it and I didn't want to share it. So I took it with me into the bathroom (I also received some yummy bubble bath and I have had a bubble bath for 4 nights in a row. Love It!) I got into a bubble bath and ate the whole thing, it was that delicious. And I have craved it ever since. So I am going to make some more tonight. Here is the receipe if you would like to make some for your family (way better then carmel corn):

Corn Curl Crunchies (a.k.a. Puffy Nummies as my kids have nicknamed them)
1 c brown sugar
¼ c corn syrup
1 cube butter or margarine
1 tsp vanilla
½ tsp baking soda
5 oz corn curls (Barrel of Fun Corn Pops—you can buy them at Macey’s and I think I’ve seen them at Harmon’s—they’re usually on the chip & snack isle. The super size bag is 15 oz and makes a triple batch).

Bring brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter to a full bull, stirring constantly. Turn off heat and continue to stir for two minutes. Remove pan from heat and stir in vanilla and baking soda. Pour over corn curls in a large bowl and stir until well coated. Spread corn curls onto a cookie sheet. Bake in oven on low (200 degrees) for 15-20 minutes. You can bake longer for crispier curls.

You don’t want to store them in an air-tight container (if there are any left over to store that is!), because it makes them sticky and gooey).

My goal this year was to be completely finished with everything by last friday, and I accomplished that goal. I'm glad I did because the weather hit hard. It has been nice to be able to enjoy the warm inside weather, eat yummy warm soup and enjoy the kids. I even finished with the kids teachers presents. I got this idea from studio jk vinyl. The reason I am documenting all of this is because I sit back and wonder what has come over me this year. I am actually on top of things this year, that NEVER happens. I am usually a frazzled mess. I am just grateful for this feeling that I am able to feel and the joy I feel in my heart this year.

I was just watching the Grinch Stole Christmas with the kids and at the beginning it shows Cindy Lou Who covered with presents. There is a lot of hussle and bustle going on about.

The Dad uncovers Cindy Lou and she say's "Dad doesn't this seem like a bit much?"
And the Dad say's, "This is what Christmas is all about. Can't you feel it?"

I'm glad I'm not having to feel the hustle and bustle this time of year. I'm glad I'm able to sit back and enjoy my family and think about the Savior. This feeling I have in my heart right now, is what it's all about.

3 comments:

Christie said...

I had a plan to be completely done by now, and I am not even close. I still have a quilt to sew for my niece that I haven't even started. So, I am feeling the hussle bustle of the season for sure. I can't wait to have a break (Friday!).

Clements Family said...

So nice that you are all finished! I love those treats too! Love the picture of Kade in his snow clothes. He is so cute. We need to get the kids together soon!

busymama said...

I am so glad!!! I wish I was as on top of things as I was 2 weeks ago - oh well!!! Excited for you to have Mike home over the holidays too - we'll have to go sledding!!