12.22.2008

Kaylee's Kindergarten Program and a little note

Kaylee had her Kindergarten program on Friday. She has been so excited about and been practicing so hard. They have only been in school for 2 weeks so they haven't had long to work on their songs. I was quite impressed with how well they did. They also did a little dance to "Jingle Bell Rock." It was really cute. Kaylee has been asking ever since, "So, how did you like my program?" She loves being the center of attention.
Also, this last Saturday we celebrated my Grandpa's 80th birthday. My mom put together a scrapbook for him. In it we had a page from each person in the family and a letter from everybody. So I had my kids write a letter to my grandpa and then I put some pictures on a scrapbook page for him. Here is what Kaylee admires about my Grandpa:


If you can't read it it says,
Grampsy,
You are a good Grandpa. You are just like Jesus because you are a good carpenter. You are talented at making wood things. I love you. Kaylee.
Her picture is a picture of him with a saw in his hand a log on a table. It also has a pig because I was telling her that he used to raise pigs.

It's funny the perspective of a 5 year old. Because if you knew my Grandpa he has a lot of qualities that emulate Jesus Christ. But Kaylee admires that he is a carpenter. She is a little obsessed about figuring out people's talents since we talked about it in primary a few weeks ago. Gotta love her. (and she just saw these pictures that I was posting and she say's, "Oh, I love those pictures of me."

1 comment:

Clements Family said...

Kaylee is so darn cute! Love that she wrote that note about your Grandpa. I bet he thought it was the sweetest thing!