12.02.2008

Something Meme...

Something in the news from yesterday:



Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin, an Apostle of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, died at his Salt Lake City home late Monday night. He was 91. I loved listening to him speak, especially his last talk given in conference. I love his advice, "Come what may, and love it." Sometimes it's so hard finding joy in the journey but if we remember: " The next time you’re tempted to groan, you might try to laugh instead. It will extend your life and make the lives of all those around you more enjoyable." I think a lot of people will find comfort from his talk as they are mourning his passing. They will be able to remember the happiness and the joy that he brought through his journey here on earth.

Something you ate yesterday:Meatloaf with Veggies. I know it doesn't sound too appetizing but I really like meatloaf and my kids LOVE it! Afterwards we went and got some ice cream. I just had a few bites of Mike's Oreo milkshake. Blach! Something about soft serve vanilla ice cream just makes me sick. Also it just didn't settle well. I don't know if it was the fact I didn't like the taste or if it was something my stomach just didn't like!


Something you did yesterday: Ran errands, cleaned, (just a little though. I get really bored with this so I quit way before I should.) I started decorating for Christmas. We even got the lights on the outside of our house working. I am so excited! I bug Mike about putting them up every year but it never seems to happen. This year he actually was ambitious and put them up. When he went to plug them in they blew a fuse and then we couldn't get them to work. Yesterday we were able to fix them (Thanks Papa Kenney!) and they are beautiful! I also got to go pick up our family pictures. Yeah!


Something you're looking forward to: I answered these questions on someone else's blog to try to win a contest. No, I didn't win, but I'm just going to copy and paste my top 8 answers...I might change them a little though.

1. Getting decorated for Christmas
2. Finish my Christmas shopping early...hopefully this happens.
3. Going to see the lights at temple square and all our other family traditions.
4. Seeing my kids on Christmas. It's always so much fun!!!
5. Brayden's baptism coming up in February. Can you believe he is almost 8!!!!
6. Walking through the Draper temple. And the Oquirrh Mountain Temple.
7. Wednesday night GNO
8. Monday the kids go back on track. I love my kids dearly but it has been a long 4 weeks. I think their teachers miss them:)


Something fun you've done this past weekend: I loved last weekend. Anytime we have a long weekend that Mike is home with us, it's fabulous. Thursday was great Thanksgiving fun. Friday we had a great day getting our pictures taken and then we took the kids to Pizza Factory. They have the best salad bar! The kids had a sleepover that night with their cousins and it ended up being a great night. Kaylee went and slept over with her cousin Avery, and we had her brother Josh over at our house for Brayden to spend some time with. They had a good time. Mike and I were able to spend some good time with Kade playing "Kerplunk" over and over and over. He was insistent that he beat us every time. Saturday was a good day of shopping. We were able to get a lot of our shopping done. We started the decorating process and hopefully today I can get it finished up and everything put away. We just had a lot of great relaxing time and good quality family time. Gotta love that.

No comments: