10.19.2010

Blogiversary

Around this time every year, I am reminded of how grateful I am that I started my blog. I have now been blogging 3 years. I have been able to preserve so many family traditions, memories, quotes, pictures, and fun times. I'm so grateful for the time I have to sit down at the computer and just express my thoughts from time to time. So in honor of my "blog-iversary" I am going to do the same meme that started my blog out 3 years ago.

1. Best thing you cooked last week?

Hmmm...I wasn't the best last week in the cooking department. I had great intentions, I even went shopping. We were just so darn busy. I put a pork roast in the crock pot one day, and that fed us a couple days. Pork tacos, pork sandwiches x 2. That was the best I did. One thing I was so excited for but never got around to was  Korean BBQ beef wraps. Yum. I will get around to them this week. I will.

2. If money, time, and babysitting were no object, where would you go and with who?
Weird, It's three years later and I don't even have to edit this answer. Although reasons and circumstances have changed a little. It's still the same. We had plans to go this November to Hawaii for our 10 year anniversary, but with the job change, so did the time off. Bummer. I did get to take Disneyland off the list though. So grateful we did get to do that.

Oh...so many places. I want to go to Hawaii soooo bad with my hubby. I would take a vacation for a couple weeks without kids and just enjoy each other and the warm weather. I would also like to go somewhere in the Caribbean or someplace like that cause I've never been there.

I would still love to go Brasil the very most! His grandparents are getting old and I would love for them to see the kids before it's too late. We got to visit with them on Skype 2 weeks ago and it was so amazing! It was actually the very first time they have ever seen the kids (except for pictures.) They just sat and smiled at the kids. Kade pulled funny faces the whole time.

3.When was the last time I cried?

Last week at church. I bawled and bawled, all through sacrament, all through Sunday school, standing in the middle of the hall. Yep, everyone was looking at me. They were probably wondering if someone had died or something. I even got pulled aside by the bishop for a chat. Nope, no one died. I just have issues, that all. Maybe it was just because I was fasting, truly I don't do well without food.

4. 5 things you were doing this month 10 years ago.
Let's see I was preparing for my wedding so I was

* Picking out a cake
* Picking out flowers
* Planning a reception
* Picking out a dress
*Taking marriage counseling

5. 5 things on your to do list tomorrow.
* Go to the temple in the morning
* Go to the Chiropractor
* Finish game/costume for YW/YM carnival for the special needs kids
* Take Kaylee to her first meeting for her first play she is going to be in. She is so excited. She is going to be in  the "Best Christmas Pageant Ever" put on South Jordan Community Theatre. Should be an interesting experience.
* laundry

6. 5 favorite snacks

Pastries, Chocolate covered Acai, Fruit, Nutella with anything to dip in it, Crackers with Cheese and Salami

7. 5 bad habits
Procrastinating, love sleeping too much (I can not wake up in the morning,), I'm a pushover, thinking negatively, forgetfulness

8. 5 favorite foods
Oh how I love food! If I am having a bad day, bad moment, food (or sleep) is what I need. I don't necessarily have favorites. I love all food. Not picky.


9. 5 favorite places you've been (kept the same as previous meme)

* Switzerland. This trip was amazing. It was a trip we probably never would have taken by ourselves. Let alone, never would have been able to afford. So I am grateful his company gave us that opportunity. I have so many great memories that I will cherish always.

* Brazil. We went when Brayden was about 6 months old. It was so amazing and beautiful. I hope we will be able to go back and take all the kids one day. Kaylee and Kade have never met their Grandma and Grandpa that live there.
*Hawaii. Even though when I went, I went as a babysitter. I didn't get to see as many exciting places as I would have liked. I still got to do a lot of fun things and it is a gorgeous place.

* California. What a fun place. No matter how many times you go there it is exciting! Especially when you have kids.(added to list) Newport Beach, Balboa Island

* Florida. I have been there a couple times. I went as a kid. And then I had a chance to take the kids for Thanksgiving a couple years ago. Grandma Wags lived there and we had a chance to go visit her and we went to Disney world. It was a fun trip.

10. 5 favorite memories (kept the same from last meme)

* Going to my Grandma and Grandpa's house. I loved when my Grandma Ige would have "girls night" she would take us to the River Queen and get us ice cream. We would go back to her house and sit around and sing and then lay around her floor and have a slumber party. I loved when I got sleep over at my Grandma Karma's. I would lay in her cozy bed's and listen to the sounds of the cars going past at night. We would always wake in the morning to the smell of bacon, she would always make us a variety of different things because she wasn't sure what it was we wanted that particular morning.

* When I was a little girl I would wake up really early on the mornings my dad had to work early. I would wait til I could tell he was all ready for work then I would sneak out of my bed, before he left for work, and he would sit on the couch and just hold me. No one else was awake, just me and my dad. I also remember he would bring us home jaw breakers from work.

* A fond memory I have is a family vacation we took to California. It was the first "real" trip we had taken. It was so much fun. We did so many fun things. And for some reason I remember so much of that trip and I was only like in 4th grade.

*I remember the day that Mike and I and Brayden got sealed in the temple. It was such an amazing day. It was a day we had been looking forward too for a long time. Brayden was so little, and I worried how he would behave and how the ceremony would go. But the day couldn't have gone better. I remember who was there, and where they were sitting in the room, I remember Brayden's precious expressions on his face when they brought him in the room, and the way he looked at everybody that was there, and for a brief moment thinking he knew exactly what was happening. I hope those memories will be with me always. It was sad we didn't make it to the temple the traditional way most couples do, but we got to share something so sacred with our little family that day. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

*I'm going to sum 3 of my other favorite memories into one. The birth of my babies. Each one of their experiences were unique, and fascinating in their own way. They each hold a special place in my heart. Not only their birth but bringing them home and being granted the opportunity to be their mother. Hopefully I can instill in them some precious memories that they will remember always.

2 comments:

Di said...

Your blog is one of my faves. So Happy Blogiversary and keep doing what you are doing!

Clements Family said...

Love the tradition!