10.07.2010

California Day Four

More games..
The second day of the tournament proved to be much better for the boys. They played much, much better! They played 2 games and ended up winning both of them. This was the end of the tournament for us. Sad for the boys, but not so sad for me:)  This meant we got to spend the rest of our trip however we wanted! Mike would have chose to stay and watch many more soccer games. The rest of us, however, thought this was a lousy plan. We had many more things in mind.






We went into Newport. BIG, BIG MISTAKE! I am now totally in love with that area. I think I will do almost anything to one day move there. It is ABSOLUTELY beautiful. It is like no part of California I have ever seen. I totally loved it. Too bad, money might be a little bit of an issue to live there.

We went to see the Newport Temple



 Then we went to the best place EVER. Balboa Island. It was so fun. I am so mad I didn't get more pictures and capture the atmosphere there. It was so magical. They had so many little beach houses just packed together. People along the beach with campfires. It was the ultimate beach city. They had all these little shops and restaurants. I know it sounds like the typical beach, but I swear, it was different. You can drive your car onto a ferry that takes you to the other side of the island. We didn't have time to do this, so next time I go (because their will be a next time) we will have to try this. Oh, I just loved it so much!

Yummy Food!
I was so sad that the kids were getting tired, and it was time to go. I could have stayed for hours. Hopefully I will be back soon. I bet Mike's glad he didn't stay at the soccer field's to watch soccer, he would have totally missed out on a fun filled day!

3 comments:

Bree said...

The Newport templer is amazing I take it since you had your kids you didn't go in, it is like a little cottage, but a really fancy one. So jealous I haven't been to cali in years.

Clements Family said...

Oh I love Newport!
Good job Brayden!

Clements Family said...

PS...I miss you. Lets hang out.