10.29.2010

Read a Thon & Character Dress Up Day

As a way to encourage the kids to read, the kids' school has a week long read-a-thon. At the end of the week if they have read a certain amount of minutes they earn a character dress up day. This was way exciting because
1) any reason not to wear uniform and
2) it was their last day of school before Halloween, so they kind of got to dress up.  (our school has fall break the last week of October. This means we are out for Halloween so no dressing up for us.)

Both kids read so much and were so excited to earn their dress up day. Kaylee chose to dress up like Kirsten the American Girl and Brayden chose to dress up like the "soccer star" Rooney. I say that was a cop out just so he could wear his soccer clothes. But technically he has been reading about "soccer stars" so he got to wear it. The kids woke up super excited for school. They got to dress up and they got to attend the "Haunted Library" that the drama students put on for the elementary kids. So exciting! To bad the morning went down hill when Kaylee couldn't find the perfect pioneer shoes. This put her in a really bad mood, and she did not want her picture taken.

This is what I have to deal with....daily. Sassy attitude caught in pictures.

Previous to this picture she was standing their with her arms folded .
Me: Kaylee please smile and stop acting so ornery.
Kaylee: I AM SMILING!


Me: Kaylee I just want one picture, just smile.
Kaylee: Fine, is this what you want! Now I'm posing.


 Me: Kaylee for real, just smile
Kaylee: Fine, I'll smile. But can we be done now.

2 comments:

Clements Family said...

Ok that is awesome! Kaylee is so funny.

Clements Family said...

Ok that is awesome! Kaylee is so funny.