1.01.2008

Happy New Year

We have had a great holiday season, I'm not sure I'm ready for it to be over. It's been nice having the kids home from school and Mike home from work. Now it's back to business starting tomorrow. Here's a little overview of our New Years events. On New Years Eve we went over to Brooks and Lindsays and played games and had dinner. It's always fun getting together with them and letting the kids play. We didn't get to stay out very late because we had the kids with us but I think they made it until about 10:00. On our way home the kids fell asleep in the car, so Mike and I enjoyed the New Year by ourselves. A few of our neighbors had fireworks, other then that, that's about as exciting as our night got.

Today the Campbell's invited us to sledding with them up at Brandi's mom's house to celebrate Parker's birthday. We got the kids all bundled up and headed up there. The place is absolutely beautiful! They have acres of land with horses and a hill right on their property. The kids kept saying that when they grow up this is where they want to live. It's just in Sandy but it's up on the Mountain Side. It was an absolutely beautiful day. It was a lot of fun.

The snow was so deep Kade kept falling down
Friends Forever-Kaylee and Hallee
Brayden got a new snowboard for Christmas so this was the perfect opportunity for him to practice. He did really well!
Mike and Kaylee going down.
After they went down the hill a million times, they hooked the sleds up behind the four wheeler and pulled the kids around the arena. They had a blast. Afterwards we all went inside for an assortment of yummy food. They had potato cheesy soup (which I need to get the recipe for) chili, and rolls, donuts, hot chocolate, pumpkin cake. It was a great day. Thanks Campbells! And Happy Birthday Parker and thanks for being a great friend to Brayden!

5 comments:

busymama said...

We were so glad you could come! I have more pics I'll get to you soon!

3 Men & a Lady said...

This is Natalie (Lunt) Bate. I came across your blog through Sara's and just wanted to say hello. What an ADORABLE family you have! Hope your holidays were great!

Sara said...

Fun sledding pics! That looks like so much fun! I miss playing in the snow!

Clements Family said...

Cute pictures! I want to go sledding so bad. Thanks for celebrating with us on New Years!

busymama said...

cute new background!!!