
So, we thought we were done with the whole nose saga, but when I took Kaylee in for her check-up appt. on Monday the Dr. told me otherwise. As you can tell from the picture above her nose still doesn't look quite right. Now that the swelling and bruising has gone down he was able to see that the way she smacked her nose actually made the bone spread out (I don't know the medical terms.) I just know it's made the bridge of her nose fat, and she has big bumps on the sides of her nose. If we didn't get it fixed she would probably hate her nose the rest of her life and end up getting a nose job anyway. So we had a 3 week window of opportunity to get her in and if we did they would be able to do it without cutting her anywhere. They call it a closed nasal reduction and we had until friday to get it done. Even though the doctor had scheduled the day off today he said he would come in early and perform the surgery "for his girl." He was SO SO SO awesome to work with. We usually see Dr. Meads but he has been out of town, so we saw the other partner in the office, Dr. Peterson. My insurance was being difficult because he is a doctor out of network but he wanted Kaylee to get this taken care of so he is totally working with us on cost. I HIGHLY recommend anybody in that office if anybody needs a ear, nose, throat doctor. Dr. Meads also took out Brayden and Kaylee's tonsils and did a fabulous job! So, needless to say, we went in at 6:30 this morning so Kaylee could have a little nose job. Can you tell she wasn't happy.....

When she woke up she was MAD!! She wanted to itch her nose and she wanted the splint off. She was screaming so loud.

It took quite a few hours to finally get a smile from her. The anesthetic really upset her stomach and she was throwing up quite a bit. I don't think she's anything like her mom and milk's the pain at all:) The doctor reassured me the recovery shouldn't be too bad so hopefully she will be up and running and talking soon. I will post before and after pictures when her splint is taken off. It's kind of scary when your 4 year old just had a nose job:(
5 comments:
Poor Kaylee, I hope she starts feeling better soon.
Oh Kaylee! I can't believe she is starting so young with surgery! We hope she gets better soon!
Kaylee is so brave! That must have been hard for you to see her so sick after her surgery. I hope she starts to feel better soon. Your a good mommy to take such good care of her. She's lucky to have you.
Poor thing! She still looks adorable even right after surgery! I hope she is feeling better. Tell her I had so much fun seeing her this past weekend. And she is such a big helper! Thanks for helping me clean the hotel!! :)
This is called tough love! Knowing the hurt is for the best! She's such a doll. I hope she feels better soon!
Post a Comment