1.23.2008

Lucky 7

Happy Birthday Brayden! (a couple days late, his birthday was on the 22nd...)
Can you believe I have a 7 year old!?!

We have had fun the last couple of days celebrating Brayden's birthday. We went to Boondocks to play one night. And a birthday isn't a birthday without Leatherby's ice cream. So we went there one night with Mormor's and Papa Kenny and Paul and Tina were able to come too. On his birthday I wanted to be able to go have lunch with him but I wasn't able to make it work, so instead we took him a Happy Meal for lunch. He thought he was pretty cool. And then that night we had some family over for cake and ice cream.
Brayden got a lot of fun things for his birthday. He got the set of Planet Earth DVD's, which he loves watching! He got some transformers, new basketball warm-ups. He got a Deron Williams basketball Jersey and Boozer sweat bands for his basketball games. He got a spiderman game for his Gameboy and a remote control car. We also got him a new bike. Who do you think liked it more, him or Kade? Every time we turned around Kade would be sitting on it. He just kept saying "Mama, bike."


Brayden also got this Nerf Longshot. We have had more shooting ranges set up in our house over the last couple of days then imaginable. Everywhere I look their is a shooting target. The sad thing about it is, the targets aren't set up by Brayden....it's Mike. He has been more excited about this gun, then I think Brayden has. Well maybe that's a little bit of an exaggeration, but it's close. He actually said he wanted to go buy another one so they could shoot at each other. The child in him:)
Happy Birthday Brayden. I love you buddy. You're such a good kid, and so fun to be around. I am so grateful to have you as my little boy (you may be 7, but you'll always be my little boy!) You have such great faith and you are such an example to me everyday. It's fun seeing you grow and watching you make the decisions you're faced with daily. I couldn't ask for a better big brother for Kaylee and Kade. Thanks for all you do for me! I love you, Mom

6 comments:

Kathy said...

oh my I can't believe he is seven. I remember when he was one. happy birthday Brayden!

busymama said...

Oh we love that Birthday Boy!!! The picture of Kade is too funny! Have a fun trip, we will miss you!

JAGBHansen said...

Wow, 7 years old. I remember when he was barely toddling around in diapers. They sure do grow fast! Happy Birthday Brayden!

Clements Family said...

Happy Late Birthday Brayden! I can't believe how time flies...I remember the day you found out you were pregnant. Man we are getting old!

Jamey said...

7 - wow! Sometimes don't you sit back and think..."I am the mom...when did this all happen?" That happens to me, time just goes way to fast!

{Brittany} said...

Wow. I can't believe that Brayden is 7 and I can't believe that you have a 7-year-old. Time flies!! It looks like he had a great birthday.