Update on Kaylee's nose.
I took Kaylee to the Ear, Nose, Throat Dr. Today (Thank you Dr. Meads!!) She got all dolled up for her appointment. She was so excited to show the doctor her tiara and earrings (hey whatever will get her there!) First of all they took the X-ray's from me and asked where I got them taken because they were horrible pictures. After they examined Kaylee they said she looked pretty good but their is still quite a bit of swelling so we will have to go back in a week to make sure. They said it looked like Dad was able to bend her nose back in place. Yes, bend because her nose never broke! The dumb doctor at the insta care told us it broke in 4 places but really all he was looking at were the blood vessels running through the bone! Where was this guy during med school? So if you are ever looking for an insta care I wouldn't recommend the one on
10400 and Redwood. I'm usually not a very negative person but come on, I just paid you a $100 copay and you can't tell a difference between a break and a blood vessel? At least I can count on good ol' Dr. Meads to know what he's talking about. He got a good chuckle out of what the other Dr. had told me though. So, it looks like Kaylee will be OK. She's just pretty banged up for now. She just keeps telling me the bruises make her special:)
9 comments:
Oh, we are soo sorry, but got quite a good laugh tonight!! Kaylee is a doll!
I agree with you on the Instacare business, they really don't know or care for that matter. If now isn't the time for accidents. We were at a church play group yesterday, Gennovah fell and aplit open her chin! Lots of blood and tears, but with the bleeding under control we didn't need stitches. However, unlike Kaylee, Gennovah didn't want to take any pictures of it to blog :( I guess she can be a little camera shy and self-conscious which is not her but accidents do happen. I am glad that we don't remember ALL of out childhood :) Best wishes for Kaylee!
I am so sorry to hear about Kaylee! OUCH! Dr. Meads is AWESOME! I know his wife, Leeann and some of their kids and let me just tell you that you are in GOOD hands! He is the BEST! Kaylee is a cutie even with the broken nose. Next time she wants a blog post tell her to try something with out a co-pay. HA! HA!
That is soo sad. And...I agree...Instacare is horrible!!
Oh...those instacare are not the best! I remember when Breckon was just a few weeks old and we had to take him in because he could barely breathe...turns out he had RSV and they said he was fine. But the good thing is that Kaylee's nose wasn't broke!
jagbhansen@yahoo.com---Thanks for the blog to go to for the quick fix :)
Happy days right!?!
That is funny that she wanted to wear her crown. We go out in some great outfits too. Whatever it takes to get them to go along with us. Glad it wasn't broken.
So I am waiting for pics of Brayden's birthday! Hope it was a great one! Zach said last night, "Mom, it's okay that Brayden is older then me, because we still have fun together!" 4 months older is quite the difference, you know! ONE day! I can't wait! I was ready last week!
Post a Comment