For the last EIGHT AND A HALF YEARS I have been buying diapers.
No Break
I figured that is about $5,760 spent on diapers
That is about 26,880 diapers that I have sent to the landfill.
I think my time is done!!!
Kade has been sooooo stubborn when it comes to potty training. He has had no interest, he doesn't care. He would sit in a poopy diaper all day and it wouldn't bug him. We have tried every incentive/discipline method we could think of. We tried sticker charts, we tried treats, we tried going cold turkey straight into underwear, we tried the pull-up method. I took him to Target one day and he picked out about 15 different $1 toys and we brought them home and put them in a basket. I told him he could pick one of the toys every time he went poop. He would sit on the toilet and stare at them. They stayed in the basket for 3 weeks before he finally decided that here and there he would sit down and go, just so he could have a toy. We took away all treats from him, we tried time outs. One day I tried talking to him telling him he was a big boy, not a baby. He quickly got down on all fours and crawled around the house and cried and cooed like a baby for over an hour. He would ever so calmly just tell me, "Mom member if I where unner-wear, I just poop in them. Let's just wear diapers."
Well due to the fact that someone might report me to CPS I'm not going to come out BLUNTLY and say what finally potty trained the kid. But I will say that maybe just maybe when I threw him in the tub to get him cleaned up after pooping, the water might have been a little cold. Of course it wasn't on purpose either:) And then when he peed his pants, DARNIT we were out of hot water again! That's all it took, 2 not so warm tubs. Every time he has sat on the toilet he has reminded me, "Member mom I'm big now, I not take cold tubs anymore."
Love the leverage we have as parents:) Hope it lasts cause I'm out of ideas.
8 comments:
Heather that is BRILLIANT! I think it's a good idea. It doesn't have to hurt them, just give em a little chill. GOOD LUCK! I know the whole blog thing is a pain. I use fire fox and it remembers my sign in. Internet Explorer always made me re-sign in...if that helps.
I always am logged into my blog-I think when you sign in just make it so it says that your password is remembered.
YEA!!! I am so happy that Kade is potty trained...maybe he can go to preschool now!
Way to go Kade!!!
I am in the same boat you have been with Mason. He has no interest either and have tried all the same tactics. Maybe our hot water will just have to be out one day too :)
What an exciting time! And my slogan is whatever works! I might have to keep that in mind for our next one ;)What an exciting time for you...no more diapers!
That is so funny, good idea. I can't believe it worked so fast, lets hope for the best! Now I need to work on my child!
Good job Kade! What a big boy! And Great job Heather! Potty training stinks! :)
Oh I so used the cold shower trick with Samantha! Even though she has been potty trained since Febuary, she still ahs accidents every couple months.. and she knows when that happens a cold shower is waiting for her. i feel like a bad mom saying that outlouf- but come on! I KNOW she knows better by now. Oh and that rain was crazy!!! Thanks heavens for great neighbors!
Post a Comment