Well, this is one of those decisions that I have made that I have "heard" about. I had decided not to put it up on the blog but everybody has already told me their opinion so why not? This way I will always remember when we decided to make this change.
As of this fall I have decided to enroll my kids in the new Early Light Academy Charter school in Daybreak. I put my kids on the waiting list months ago. Every month they do a lottery and every month I would receive an email saying that we had not been chosen. I had really out ruled this as an option. But a couple weeks ago I was really searching for some answers to things and needing some changes. I received an email that week saying that my kids had been chosen...I literally SCREAMED at my computer! I was so excited. I think this will be a neat opportunity. Brayden has needed to warm up to the idea of a new school but he has come around. He's not excited about having to wear a uniform but excited to be on a traditional school schedule. Kaylee doesn't like that the uniform isn't any of her favorite colors but she met the Director and thought he was SUPER nice so she is excited now to. So we are all now looking forward to this new adventure.

7 comments:
Oh Heath, I am so happy for you. I know you wanted this so badly. I hope Mike is as happy as you are! And for selfish reasons I am glad your kids are on a traditional school schedule! Love ya!
PS...I can totally picture Kaylee not being so excited about the colors of the uniform! When is our little girls night for her birthday???
Congrats! That is great. I happy for you! I heard it's going to be one of the best charter schools...I mean Rhiannon works there so it has to be! :) She said she saw you the other day and said how nice you are. I think charter schools are great...and "when" we move back I hope to get Zach into one. I am so with you on uniforms. Zach's past 2 schools have been uniform and I hate them! but I guess less stress to worry about in the mornings! Congrats again!
Uh oh Heather that is a BAD choice...JUST KIDDING! I know what you mean about everyone giving their opinion. I laugh now because Jennifer has always been so obedient and I never knew how she did it cause I was always fighting back with my parents or whoever was disagreeing with me. But now it's funny cause Jennifer will listen to what someone says and doesn't disagree, but she will quietly still do whatever she wanted. It works perfect. No arguments, she listens to what people say, and makes her own decision. I need to learn from her. For some reason I think I need to convince people to agree with me...but really it doesn't matter as long as YOU feel right about it. Good job Heather!
I think it is great, and you do not need to worry about what other people think. You are the mother and know what your family needs. Don't worry about what anyone thinks, your a great mom. That seriously makes me sad you feel like you can't post whatever you want.
You do whats best your family. I know what thay need. I judt love your family. I hope the enjoy their new school. I am glad we still have soccer.
Gabe and Val
I am hoping that we can be there as well next year as Gennovah's birthday is so late we had to wait. I am totally bummed, but super excited for you. I think it is going to be so great. Hooray for traditional school schedule.. I am sure that Kade will love having you all to himself all day as well! I know what you mean about Kaylee growing up. I feel the same about Gennovah. She turns five this year. Where does all the time go? I feel like it was yesterday and she was so tiny always needing my help. They just get so independent. Hopefully they will always need us for playing Barbies ;) Congrats on ELA!
Heather, I remembered that you had posted about this, and I was going to ask you how things are going there? My oldest starts kindergarten this next year, and she got accepted into a charter school! I am excited, but at the same time, I really don't know anything different between regular public school and charter schools. I am excited that she got it, but at the same time - I am really not sure what I am excited about. Maybe I am just excited because I know of how many people try to get into charter schools, so I should be so greatful. It looks like your school has a lot more diverse uniforms, I am not too impressed with the uniforms Aspen will have to wear, but she actually thinks they are cute - so I guess that is all that really matters.
I hope your kids like their school...I am excited to see what the future brings with Aspen getting into a charter school.
What is your favorite thing about a charter school? (yeah, my friend talked me into signing her up, and I feel bad, because we got in, and my friend hasn't yet.)
anyway...sorry for the long comment!
Post a Comment