6.04.2009

Our..."my" Temple

We had the opportunity yesterday to go to the open house of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. It was such an amazing experience for me, I welled up with tears about every 15 minutes. I'll be honest some were spiritual moments some were crazy mom moments. We have had the opportunity to watch this temple be built from the ground up. We have had so many teaching moments with the kids about the temple and families as we drive by . We all went to the Draper open house (except for we didn't take Kade because....well just because he's Kade) and it was neat but this was just a different experience for me. Kade's eye's lit up and his smile grew bigger and bigger with each picture he saw and each new room we went in. He was in awe with everything. He has asked several times today if we can go their again, and I don't think it's just for another cookie (although they were FABULOUS cookies.)

Kaylee loves seeing the bride's rooms and the sealing rooms and all the chandeliers. I would have to add that the chandeliers are AMAZING! She gets a dream look in her eyes as she talks about her wedding day being there. Everything is so breathtaking. I loved all the fabrics that were used throughout the temple.

Brayden's favorite part is the baptismal area. He can't wait until he turns 12 so he can start doing baptisms for the dead. He has mapped out all over the country (and world) of all the different temples he wants to go do work in.


Mike loved the golf carts that the parking volunteers got to ride around in. He gets to be a parking volunteer later this month and he is hoping he gets assigned to the golf carts. You know he has so much experience with them, why wouldn't they put him there?




I love this temple already. I can't wait for the many more moments and memories I will get to have in this temple.

To find out more about mormon temple you can follow this link temples

4 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Heather, Thanks so much for your sweet comment. What a cute family. I miss Kaylee, hopefully I will see you at the pool this summer.

Julie

Sara said...

Wow, thanks for posting those beautiful pics and for sharing your experience. I miss living close to a temple sooo much- you are so lucky to be near so many! What a neat experience for your little family too:)

The Balls said...

I am so excited to go the open house! There is definitely something special about that Temple and it is just breathtaking at night! As always your family is adorable!

The Evans said...

Heather what a great picture of you and your kids you look great. I am so excited to go on wednesday this wk. I think it will be a experience I will never forget.