picture taken by Mike Taylor
The weather was absolutely perfect during the shift I was there. It was cool and overcast. The second our shift got over it was an instant downpour. I felt so sorry for the people covering the next shift because they were getting absolutely drenched! But after we picked up our kids and the rain started to clear the most amazing rainbow filled the entire sky. My heart just swelled as I thought about the promises from our prophets that I had been listening to over and over for the past 4 hours. I thought of the peace I felt as I sat on the temple grounds. I thought of the smiles on the people's faces as they stepped out of their cars and anticipated walking inside the temple, some for the very first time. I thought of all the children and the dreamy look they all had in there eyes as they approached this magnificent building. Instantly the Primary song, When I Am Baptized came to mind and the words kept running through my head. 
I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain
And ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again.
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain.
I want to be the best I can and live with God again.
So, although I didn't have a whole lot to do during my 5 hour shift at the temple, It left me a lot of time to think and ponder. While at the temple everybody was equal, everybody was welcome. Nobody knew backgrounds or judgements on anybody. My brother who is the kindest sweetest person was able to volunteer his time (although he hasn't been active in over 15 year) and he was treated the same as everyone else. He was freely able to walk in and out of the temple without anybody looking twice at him. You didn't judge people by being members or non-members. I like to think this is a little of what heaven will be like. It was so comforting and relaxing. I was reminded that their is promise for all of us in this life, we all have that chance to have a beautiful magnificent rainbow at the end. Some of us will encounter different kind's of "storms" along the way, but their is hope and promise that we can be free of that. A rainbow was a perfect symbol to end this magnificent day.
4 comments:
THose are great pictures. I love that your brother was able to volunteer. How great is that! I love your whole post. You said it all perfectly.
Is your blog not private any more??
Amen!!! Can I just copy your thoughts and pics over into my journal??? Love you!
Brandi- Didn't you end up in the storm and soaking wet???? The day might not have been so pleasant for you, as it was for me.
Lindsay- I decided to go back to a public blog until I can help my grandma set up the whole google account/password thing.
That was great , I loved reading it
Post a Comment