6.07.2009

Just a little "crush"

Sometimes, Mike's job definitely has it's perks. Last night was one of those. I have been bugging Mike about going to the Real game for the past month or so. No, I have not turned into the big soccer fan in our house...David Archuleta was performing at the game. He wasn't as quick as he usually is to get tickets. Weird. It was the day before the game and I was a little stressed because I had heard the game was sold out. That same day Mike sent this picture to my phone:

Not only did my honey surprise me and get the tickets, they were tickets in the suite and they were FREE! Both Brayden and I were so excited. Mike and Derek have been working the REAL account at work and as a "PERK" their contact gave him these tickets.

Side note: David Archuletta's had a suite 4 down from us. One of the guys walked out in the hall and David was just chillin out there. It was too late by the time I got out there. But I did get to see Leo the Lion...Lucky me.



It was awesome sitting up in the suite. The seats up their were cushioned and comfy. They even had an armrest's. This isn't a big deal unless you've ever been to the Real stadium. The seats in the stadium are so uncomfortable. The weather got really cold so Brayden and I just went inside and sat in the warm heated room as we watched the rest of the game.




The beginning of the game was incredible! They had 4 parachuter's jump out of a plane and land down on the field. Their were men in uniform out on the field that unrolled the flag as David Archuletta sang the National Anthem (The guys standing on the white little stage is him.) During the high points of the song they had fireworks that shot off the field. Then finished it up with a jet that flew right over the field...I mean RIGHT over. Incredible!



Ignore the fact that Brayden looks like I'm gonna throw him over the edge. He really was having a good time. He loves going to the games. The whole night he was so excited rubbing his hands together and squeezing his butt cheeks. We were a little upset that Real ended up in a tie 1-1. Mike and Derek were ready to go home after that. But the night wasn't over for me. I told them that they got to stay and listen to David Archuletta, it was just pay back for all the late night game nights at my house. Really, they were more then happy to humor me and my little "crush." Mike said he would even get up and dance with me, even in front of all the "important" people sitting in the suite (I felt a little silly getting up and dancing when nobody else in the whole suite was even clapping to the music.)

It was just a little show, he sang 4 songs after the concert. But it was so fun. Their is something about being so close to somebody famous, I instantly just get "star struck."

Thanks babe for following through and surprising me with GREAT tickets and giving me such a fun night!!

3 comments:

Clements Family said...

That is a fun night! Love your little crush!

The Lind's said...

What a sweet surprise!! Looks like you had a great night!!

busymama said...

Oh so fun - he is good to you!!! I am glad you posted today, I have had a crummy week and am living vicariously through your blog - hehe! So make sure to do something really fun this weekend!!! :)