6.25.2009

My Princess Girl

It's great to be a princess, dancing every day.
But sometimes even I get sad,When there's no one there to play.
Jeweled crowns atop my head, shimmering in the sun.
Slip my feet into high heels, And the fairytale has begun.
Dressed in their finest silky gowns, my dolls come out to play.
It's all in the life of a princess, and just another day.

This poem could be the motto for Kaylee's life since the day she was born. She has always had a purse in her hand, a baby on her hip, lipstick on, and some sort of fancy dress. She is always playing princess, dancing, being a cheerleader, or pretending to be a mom.
It's one o'clock in the morning and I'm sitting downstairs bawling like a baby, looking at old pictures of my baby girl. I wish she was awake right now to play dress-ups and Barbies with me. She is turning six years old today and it seems like such a big milestone for me.
This year she will be going to school all day long and I'm not quite sure who will keep me company once she's gone. NOBODY can talk like that girl! The other day we were loading all the kids up in the car and she was trying to tell me a story and I said, "Hang on one second, I need to run in the house and grab something." Well she stopped her sentence right where she was (she ended saying and we....) The second I opened the door she started the sentence right where she had left off without any hesitation (....went to the store.) Her stories start the second she wakes up. She climbs right into bed with me even if I'm not awake yet, and she just starts talking. I don't think she really cares if your listening she just wants someone to talk to. The house will be really quiet without her.
I remember when Brayden went into first grade it was a HUGE growing year for him. He grew and matured so much. I'm not ready for her to take that step. I want her to be my little girl that loves to dress up, and play dolls. I love that she still loves wearing bows and getting her hair done in little piggies and braids. She still loves the Disney Princesses and Strawberry Shortcake.
I love you girl. I have cherished so many special moments with you. I know you're growing older but please remember that you you are my baby girl, you are my sassy girl, you are my sweetheart, you are my big helper, you are Mommy's girl, you are MY princess!
Happy Birthday!

6 comments:

Clements Family said...

OH sweet Kaylee....how we love you! We hope you have a great birthday! Can't wait for our girls night! We better get picking out outfits for you and Bella!
Love looking at those pictures of her throughout the years...how she has but hasn't changed. Brooks got all shy when I showed him the picture of him putting on the shoe on Kaylee. Brooks says Happy Birthday!!

Bree said...

What a cute post... she really is such a cute, funny little girl. Jonathan has always loved your kids. When we first started dating he would tell me about them all the time. I remember when I met Kaylee I thought she was so funny and she never stopped!

The Lind's said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAYLEE! We just love Kaylee too! She is such a fun, sweet darling girl! Hope she has a great day and is spoiled like the princess that she is!! :)

Mikesell Family said...

Happy Birthday! She is the cutest kid ever! She is so much fun. You are lucky to have her!

Janet said...

What a sweet post! Kaylee really is growing up fast! She's adorable. I'll always think of her as my nursery baby!

Kaylee, I hope you have a wonderful birthday!

busymama said...

Happy * Happy* Birthday Kaylee!!! We love you!