6.17.2010

Backyard Camping...

When the kids got out of school, we had a brilliant idea to camp out in our backyard. We brought out sleeping bags, blankets, pillows, and even the air mattress.
Dad built us a fire
As we were waiting for the sun to go down, it started getting a little chilly, so Kaylee and I got bundled in the blankets.
And then she bundled with Daddy by the fire.
Then everyone got silly and decided it was time for a photo shoot.
I have some major posers. Brayden said, "Look at me, I'm a HAPPY CAMPER!!!"
Finally our fire was just perfect to start roasting our marshmallows!
Grandma Sonia stopped by after work for a yummy smore.
We filled our tummies with marshmallows and smores, sang some songs by the fire, and decided it was time for bed. It had gotten dark and cold and nobody wanted to sleep out anymore. So, we hauled everything back in the house and the kids all slept out in the family room. As for Mike and I, we got to sleep in our warm, cozy beds. That's my kind of camping.

1 comment:

Sara said...

You guys are thee cutest family ever!! What a great idea. I love whata poser Kaylee is! Fun skate park night too. Happy late birthday- nice work Mike! Where is his new job... I would love to go raid their party food!:)