Today we pulled into our circle and Kade saw his friend riding a two wheel bike. Kade said, "Mom I want to do that." I quickly shot him down and told him he couldn't, he was still too young (even though his friend that was riding is the same age as him.) Really, I didn't want to be bothered with taking off the training wheels, just to have to put them back on. So, his little friend said he could try his. I gave him a little pep talk about what it would be like, and reassured him I would hang on. Kade hopped on the bike and took off even before I could grab onto it. He rode to the end of the circle turned around, came back, put on the brakes and smiled at me. Well, he showed me. I quickly took the training wheels off his own bike.
This video was about 30 seconds after he rode for the first time.
Within 2 hours he had perfected getting on and off his bike, speeding down the driveway, doing a pop-a-wheelie, riding while standing, and even riding with his feet resting up on the middle bar. Kaylee said, "Mom, now everyone in the family can ride a bike except you." Lovely. So, if any of you see Kade zooming down the road will you please send him home. I think I definitely have my hands full now.
3 comments:
He's a natural! That's so awesome! PS I'm a CRAPPY friend and I didn't wish you happy birthday. So HAPPY BIRTHDAY...a little late:)
This brings back memories for me. Brady did the EXACT same thing. I didn't want o bother with taking the training wheels off and having to put them back on, so I told him he had to show me on Caleb's bike first, and that he did. He was jumping curbs the next day. I wish he would have been that easy to potty train! ;)
Wow...good job Kade! That is awesome!
Love all your updates.
Congrats Brayden on your new soccer team!
Post a Comment