Kaylee's school class has been learning a lot about the Greek God's. They finally got to put it all into action as they put on a play Odysseus vs. The Cyclops.
They have been working so hard making props, costumes, learning their lines, and all the different things that goes into a play. Here is Kaylee with some of the other "God's" Quincy as Hera, and Asher as Poseidon
I have been SO amazed every day as Kaylee comes home and talks to me with her play "lingo." Here is "stage right" and the chorus and crew. James played the part of Odysseus.
They had a technical team, a lightning team, a costume team, and a makeup team. Here are the narrators.
Kaylee played the part of Athene, Goddess of Wisdom. She wanted that part SOOO bad so she could sit in the corner on the "throne."
Not only have I been completely amazed by the play knowledge she has come home with, but she has come home talking about the Greek Gods, and I am BLOWN away with all she knows. She knows all the Greek gods, and all their powers, who they're related to, and who their favorite children are. I'm sorry but I don't remember ever learning any of that when I was in school. She is just absolutely intrigued by it. It's amazing to listen to her.
Here is the Chorus and Crew
Here are a few of her moments of glory.
"Odysseus is under my protection. His wife Penelope prays to me everyday for the safe return of her husband. I intended to save Odysseus."
"I challenge you to a contest Poseideon. My wisdom versus your strength."
"Beware Odysseus. BEWARE!"
"Poseidon the sea God is angry with you. Because you destroyed his holy city Troy, you burnt it to the ground."
"You will die unless you can outwit the sea God." "I will protect you Odysseus but you must use your cannings, think, think, THINK!"
I had to take a picture of her next to Mt. Olympus. Last weekend we were watching Percy Jackson, Lightning Thief with the kids. She seriously talked through the entire show (no shocker there) about who the characters were. At one point they showed something on a map and she screamed "It's Mt Olympus, They are going to see Athene." We looked at her like she was crazy. Sure enough she was right.
Good job Athene, um, I mean Kaylee.
1 comment:
Oh, Athena...what a big part! Next time Kaylee has a dance recital, tell us, Bella would love to go!!!
Post a Comment