6.06.2010

SURPRISE!!!!

It is VERY hard to pull over a surprise on me. By Christmas time, I usually have guessed most of the presents I am getting. When Birthday's roll around, I know exactly what we are doing, when we are doing it, and who will be there. Mike always asks for a birthday list, and I get exactly what's on the birthday list (sometimes their are extra things I don't know about.) Mike wants to make sure I am completely satisfied so he completes my every wish. He will get so excited about things that he will slip and give me clues about things or he will give in and give me presents early (this year I got all my birthday presents 2 days early.) Well he definitely pulled one over on me this time! Last night he threw me a surprise birthday party and I had NO IDEA!!!

He managed to:
*Plan and coordinate a party
*Clean the house
*Coordinate a babysitter for the night (Gma Sonia)
*Pack the kids stuff for their overnighter with Gma
*Clean the house
*Organize and prepare food
and
*Decorate the house

WITHOUT ME NOTICING! And did I mention, He also spent the entire day golfing? When did he have time to do all this?  How did I not suspect something was going on? Here's how it all went down...

Tuesday morning Mike went and got his hair done at Betsy's house. They were in cahoot's the whole time! She sent me a text Wednesday morning saying she wanted to take me to get pedi's for my birthday, and afterwards we could meet up with our husbands for dinner. Sounded fun! Mike came home from golf around 2:30 on Saturday and was leisurely picking things up, not unusual, but considering he had been golfing all day I thought it was kind of odd. But I of course wasn't complaining that he was vacuuming:) Betsy came and picked me up at 4:00 we went and got pedi's. Mike must had gone into a mad tornado at that point. He picked up food, decorations, and got things all set up. He said his mom hadn't come to pick up the kids yet so we needed to come to the house to wait for her. We picked up Gentry and went to the house. When we got their I was SOOOO surprised when I walked in and my very dear friends and their husbands were sitting their in my house. I seriously wanted to cry! Even Diana, who was visiting from Arizona, was there. Everyone had a huge part in pulling it off, and it worked! It was so much fun! Thanks everyone! I love you all. You will never know how much this meant to me.

Lindsay, Becca, Diana, Katie, Me, Betsy

I love the boys trying to mock our poses

Mike, Gerry, Gentry, Brooks, Ryan

Mark and Lindsey left early so they missed out on are fun poses. Lucky them they got one of their very own.


After everyone complaining of the 500 pictures we had taken of each other. Katie taught us all the proper "skinny pose." Thank you Katie, we will forever be indebted to you!

Thank you honey that was the best Bipthday anyone could ever ask for! You're the best! Not that he needs any more husband points, but he even went and watched a chick flick with me after the party was all over. Best night ever.

Make sure you check your signs before you purchase them at the dollar store. Apparently they run out of the letter "R" sometimes. Who will notice? Right?

6 comments:

Mikesell Family said...

Heather that was so much fun! I'm glad we were able to surprise you. I kept thinking I was going to blow it. I had fun getting the pedi's so thanks for going with me!

The Balls said...

That's so sweet especially considering they were golfing all day! Looks like you had fun, you deserve it!!!

Clements Family said...

I am glad you were surprised! I am so impressed that Mike got all of that done in such a short time with golfing all day!!

Allison Bushman said...

How fun!!! I'm so sad I missed it! Way to go Mike!

Allison Bushman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Bullocks said...

That was so fun. I"m so glad we got to be a part of you're day. (I have to say I'm a little depressed that I still look pregnant even while doing he "skinny pose" too funny.