6.14.2010

Goodbye 2009-2010...

We have had a phenomenal 2009-2010 school year. The kids have made some excellent friends, not only in their own grade but in all of the grades. They have had tremendous growth academically. Their teachers have been outstanding and so easy to work with. I have been so happy with the new school and the decision we made last year to switch. I have been so teary eyed (surprise, surprise) as we have come to a close of this school year. I am sad as the kids have had to say good bye to their teachers and put a close to their 3rd and 1st grade experiences. I couldn't have asked for a better year.

The kids have been PARTYING as school has come to an end. Last week they had history day and they got to go to school dressed as the 60's. Here is how Brayden and Kaylee dressed up.
Brayden REALLY wanted to get into it. Too bad, this is all we could come up with. He was pulling all sorts of Napoleon moves for me and posing for the camera. "Tina, take my picture." He is such a ham.
Kaylee as a flower child.

Kade wanted to be involved, and wanted his picture taken. I think he's trying to look tough. To me he just looks like a creepy.
That night the school had a big history fair. We got to have a big family picnic at the school with all sorts of activities. They got to tie dye, paint faces, play giant twister, dance contests, hop to the moon, costume contests, and bury a time capsule. Brayden can't wait until he's 58 and he can take his grand kids back to the school to open it up. The kids loved being their with all their friends as one last hoor-ah before the school year wrapped up.

Today the kids got to participate in field day. They have been so excited!!! They had their clothes all set out. Brayden's class got to be the purple team (I don't have any pictures of them.) And Kaylee's class got to be the red team. Brayden said his class was undefeated. He also got his face painted (I think for the very first time ever) as a giant soccer ball. They had so much fun. Kaylee couldn't stop talking about it for hours and hours and hours. She even wanted me to fix the princes crown that she had painted on her face after she took a shower tonight. After field day I got to go help in Kaylee's class for a class party. We did a Hawaiian party. I have loved getting to know these kids.
It was fun having hula hoop contests and playing different hula hoop games with them.
So tomorrow will wrap up one more successful, and happy year. Here's to some happy and fun summer plans! Hopefully I can survive my first "real" summer break (the kids have never been off for more then 4 weeks.) Let's hope I still love traditional school come September.

No comments: