*Why does it seem like the laundry NEVER EVER ends? I think I just finished folding all the laundry from last week and now I need to get started on laundry for this week. Not to mention Kade slipped a Pull-up into the laundry load. Do you know what kind of mess that created??? I only had to rewash everything about 3 times. I need to figure out a better system cause this ain't working for me.
*Why do I bother trying to use coupons? Without fail their is some small print exception to why you can't use them. Yesterday I spent an hour at the grocery store stocking up on food, that I thought was a good deal, just to be told I need to read the fine print. HELLO! In the end I just had to return the stuff I purchased and they said to come back a different day to buy it. Like I have time for that. I had the same thing happen to me last week with coupons. I had my cart totally stocked up on cereal, rang it all up in 7 different transactions (so the coupon would work) just to find out I couldn't use the other coupon I planned on using.
* I feel like summer vacation has lasted FOREVER + a day and we just found out that the kids summer vacation has now been extended by another 7 days because their school won't be ready. I was counting down we only had 17 more days left of summer vacation now we are up to 24. Kids are back in school, we are out of ideas of things to do, I think we've had enough of each other, the kids for some reason don't find it "FUN" to help me with chores, We are all done! Brayden even asked if it would be ok if he went back to his old school just until his new school started, then he would switch. It's sad when the kids are even asking if they can go back to school. I really have had a good time with the kids this summer, but really don't all good things need to come to an end sometime.
* Do all kids at the age of 8 like to throw fits? I thought kids were supposed to out grow this when they were 3. I am so tired of dealing with pouting. I'm seriously considering obedience school....it's working for my dad's dog. And if I have to put out one more argument between the kids I'm gonna scream!
*I hate speaking up for things that bother me. I hate being taken advantage of. I hate losing control of a situation. But yet I don't have the backbone to stand up and stick up for myself, so I get stuck doing things that I don't want to do.
Even though I feel like I am slowly going insane, I am truly trying to find the best in each day. Yesterday on our way to the grocery store we noticed something different about the temple, so we stopped on over to see what was going on. Moroni was missing off the top of the temple. We got there just in time to see them lifting him back up to the top. They had taken him down to clean up the lightening damage that had happened a couple months ago.
It was so neat sitting there and watching it all happen. It was nice to have a moment to sit and relax and take in a moment of peace and reflect on the big picture of things. It's fun to see the excitement in my kids eyes over things like this.




Hopefully today I can remember to seek out the good and happy moments. I can't let the bad moments override these because then I make myself miserable. Hopefully I can make today a better day:)

6 comments:
Well I can totally appreciate your frustration! I couldn't wait for my kids to go back to school, and now they go back for their 2nd day and my client no shows! I am so frustrated because it is the only time I like to do hair because the kids are gone. And I didn't have enough time to reschedule anyone else. So I am sitting here wasting time until my next client comes...who by the way is now 10 minutes late. Do you want to meet for lunch tomorrow or something??? We can totally vent to each other! PS ALL 3 of my kids throw tantrums, and I didn't think of obedience school, but it doesn't sound like a bad idea. So consider yourself lucky if you only have 1 child who needs to go to obedience school:) They probably charge double for kids because they talk back. ha ha.
I'm so sorry, not that it helps but you are sooooo normal!! Unfortunatelyt he tantrums increase as the kids age and I;m pretty sure our tolerance decreases because they are behaving worse than the 3 year olds?!?!? Wish I had some good adivce, love you (no backbone) and all!!!!
Oh Heath...I am so sorry! Really next week, I want your kids to come over...all three, and you can go do something. I will take them to the pool or something. I know we all need breaks at times.
I too need motivation and organization in my life. I don't get how it comes so easy for some people. It drives me crazy...and laundry really doesn't ever end.
Well I think you are fabulous...and had fun at lunch today! Hope your day was better!
Amen!!! ugh. i'm ready for summer to be over. I want everything clean like i'm nesting or something, ( but i'm not), just amen to everything you said. It will all get better, right? I hear some day we'll look back at these times and laugh. :)
Heather I am thinking tying to copy and paste your entire post for my blog. I totally agree with everything you just said. With the only exception that my kids are in school. But the chaos hits about 4 ok at my place.
love ya
lisa
Are you sure you haven't been inside my head lately?? I swear. I have been feelng the same way. So much to do and so little time and motivation. I wish I had a fraction of the energy my kids use to fight with each other. My house would never be messy, and the laundry would always be done. Anyway.....Have a good day. I miss you.
Post a Comment