8.29.2009

Temple Quarry

We took the kids today up to the Temple Quarry. It was fun to walk around and enjoy the beautiful weather. It is so neat so see the actual spot where the pioneers came to find the Granite for the Salt Lake Temple. It again makes me remember how much the pioneers sacrificed and how hard everything must have been for them. Makes me so grateful for all our modern day conveniences. The kids loved searching for their own granite rocks to bring home. I think we have enough to build our very own mini temple.

It was fun walking down the dried up creek. Their were lots of lizards, squirrels, and again more granite! Kade hasn't stopped talking about his "Gwanite Wocks."



1 comment:

The Lind's said...

Okay how do you know all these places? I swear I learn so much from your blog. I swear I had family pictures there when I was young...but had no idea that there was meaning in that place! Looks like fun! I want to see those "gwanite wocks!" too cute!