My friend, Betsy, called and asked if I wanted to take a girls weekend and go to Vegas with her to chaperon her cousin. I didn't realize how much I needed that time away, until I was actually there. I am so glad I ended up going...it was a blast. What I should have known going into it though, was that going with Betsy meant it was going to be adventurous.
It was so fun just driving down and having some good girl talk without interruptions and screaming. It's amazing how fast the drive down seems without kids. Even though I didn't have kids to worry about I did have to convince Betsy the whole ride down that her tire's weren't going to pop. I thought she was going to stop half way down and buy new tires. It was a little windy so I could see why she would think her tire's might be off...i guess.
After checking into our LOVELY hotel we went to grab the shuttle so we could go do a little shopping. We hadn't been there for 15 minutes and this is what we saw...

The parking lot of our hotel was filled with fire trucks and police cars. They had a man down on the ground with a bag on his head. We found out that he had robbed a car and apparently he was a little high on drugs. He was spitting on the officers so they put a bag on his head. I sent this picture to Mike and he said, COME HOME NOW!!! We just laughed and said, "this trip has just begun."
We went over to Caesar's Palace and went shopping. We hit the Mac store and had our make up done.

We kept wondering if we were getting punked. Some of the things that happened:
*We kept calling and asking the hotel for more towels. They would only bring us rugs, 2 at a time. Apparently they are going GREEN and trying to save energy and money. They refused to give us towels. Rugs don't fit around as well as a towel does.
*At 3:30 one morning water started dripping from the ceiling. The floor was soaking wet. Betsy thought for sure the roof was going to cave in on us. After calling the front desk and telling them about it, the water finally stopped. We didn't have to change rooms and the ceiling didn't cave in on us.
*Out of 220 hotels in Vegas 17 of them allow pets. Ours was one of them, and we were surrounded by dogs. In fact the room next to us had a yappy little dog that didn't stop barking ALL day and ALL night. We were irritated by it but then found it humorous to pound on the door. We actually found that this made the dog stop barking...for a second. For people that don't love dogs this is annoying especially if you step in their doo doo!!
*We went to fill up on gas and every single pump at the gas station said "Out of Order." Seriously????

*Then at the end of our trip Betsy was really convinced that she needed tires. So on the last day she decided to go find a Big-O-Tires. She punched it into navigation and this is where it brought her....to a field. It's not like this field was close either, we had to drive like 20 minutes out of way to find this field. And in the end we found out the Big-O was just right around the corner from where we were originally.
After all this nobody jumped out and told us we were being punked, but it did add for some excitement and laughs throughout our trip.

Our last night there we decided to go see a hypnotist show. It was so funny! It was a great way to end our trip. I had a great time away we had fun shopping, laughing, good food, and just relaxing.
No comments:
Post a Comment