This weekend Mike and I spent the night up at Zermatt resort in Heber City. We had the best time EVER!!! I am totally in love with Heber City, the resort we stayed at, and my husband!!! We had originally planned a babysitter for the weekend so we could go on a soccer tournament up in Colorado. When that fell through we decided to keep the babysitter and just go and do something over night.
Mike has been wanting me to go golfing with him. So I decided to humor him and go with him. Let's just say I do not have the natural talent like he does. It was a lot of fun sitting in the cart with my licorice and Dr. Pepper, laughing with Mike and soaking up the sun. It was nice and relaxing but I definitely don't understand how those boys go and golf 36 holes in one day. I was getting antsy trying to finish 9.
We went and checked into the Zermatt resort. What a pretty place! I felt that even though we weren't very far from home, I had been transported to someplace far far away. We went to dinner at the all you can eat Italian restaurant at the hotel. YUM!!! YUM!!! YUM!!! Then decided to walk around the grounds and across the street to check out the giant crater. We saw this big gazebo and laughed because it reminded us of the last scene in Twilight. I had to go do a little twirl in there. We loved our hotel room, sleeping in late, and the yummy pastry shop that had gelatto. We will definitely be going back. This is by far our favorite place we have gone to that's not so far from home. Thanks mom for taking the kids....want them back???


2 comments:
That was some fun blogging!! So glad you posted it is fun to read what you have been up to since we live so far away - well okay, since it seems like we live so far away!! Love all the pics - we went up to the lake this last week and I thought I should call Heather and come up here she would LOVE it!
Oh how I love Heber/Midway! I'm so glad Tyler's family has a cabin up there. Seems like a lot of people like going to the Zermatt maybe we'll have to give it a try.
I also like your pic at the Herriman beach the best so I'm stealing it (even though I'm making Lindsay lean over since I'm so short :)
Post a Comment