* I started out even before Thanksgiving listening to David Archuleta's Christmas CD. It is so awesome. Every time I turned it on, it filled the whole house with a wonderful Christmas spirit. Brayden even commented a few times that he loved the way our house felt when the music was on.
* Mike took one day off work early in November. We were able to get most of our shopping done during this one day. It was great...no crowds, shelves were stocked, no kids, and we enjoyed lunch together.
*Enjoying some time with girlfriends and reflect on our blessings throughout the year.
* I didn't take on too many projects. I decided early on I was going to make aprons this year. I had the help of some wonderful friends, and a couple designated "project nights." I do wish I would have finished these sooner but overall it turned out to be a fun project...and I loved how they turned out.
*Due to some awesome parents, Mike and I were able to wrap everything a few days before Christmas. My dad took Brayden over night, and my Mom took the other kids. This is the first year we had everything wrapped before Christmas eve. This made the biggest difference!!!
With all the Christmas cards out, neighbor gifts delivered, house cleaned, and presents wrapped we were truly able to enjoy family, and really feel the magic of Christmas.
On Christmas Eve the kids were SO excited. We were tracking Santa online, and following his every move. The kids knew he was getting close. On our way home that night, the kids saw a glowing red dot up in the sky. They were convinced it was Rudolph. Kade kept hollering, "Hurry, I want to go to bed quickly!"He also kept asking if he could sleep in his clothes, he didn't want to waste any time changing into PJ's. But after finding new jammies left on the couch he hurried and changed. He kept asking me, "Santa coming? Santa coming?" After changing into jammies all 3 kids were snuggled into bed and were asleep within 10 minutes. Mike and I were then able to enjoy a quiet evening before heading off to bed ourselves.
Too bad I was too excited and didn't fall asleep until 3:00. I was awaken by Brayden shortly after (3:30) ready to open presents. I did make him go back to bed and he stayed there until 6:00. Then the fun part began.
2 comments:
I love that Brayden woke you up so early. He is so cute! Your aprons look great! Good job. I would love to learn to make them!
Fun sledding!! I am wanting to go sometime this week!
Love all your posts! Looks like you have been busy this Christmas season! Love all the pictures! Your kids are too cute! I applied to get on the waiting list at Early Learning. that's the name right? Rhiannon was here to help me out...maybe we will school buddies as well!! I am so excited to be closer...I am so ready to workout together...but I will for sure will slow you down! :) Happy New Year!!
Post a Comment