Today I hosted a gratitude breakfast at my house. With the busyness of the season, sometimes it's hard to stop and reflect on some of the more important things. It was so great to gather together as friends and talk about some of the things we have been grateful for during the past year. I asked every person to bring an item that represented something that they were grateful for. Everybody had to guess who the item belonged to and what it represented. Although we have been friends for 10+ years we hardly ever get the opportunity to REALLY talk. As each person shared what they were grateful for, I thought to myself, I have really amazing friends. They echoed a lot of the things that have been important to me throughout the year. The things that were mentioned are just everyday things like: kids, husbands, friends, the gospel, but it was so great to have it expressed in that way. It was a very meaningful day for me. One I won't forget. Today really helped me get excited about the upcoming Christmas week.
"It's not the glow you feel when snow appears; It's not the Christmas card you've sent for years; It's not the joyful sound when sleigh bells ring; or the many songs children's sing; The secret of Christmas, is not the things you do at Christmas time, but the Christmas things you do...all year through."
2 comments:
Thanks Heath for putting this together! You are the best..and don't we have the greatest friends???
I had such a good time. You are an awesome cook too! Thanks for putting that together. I have to agree with Linds..we have some good friends! Thanks for always doing fun get togethers. I love your background and the pic of your kids at the top.
Post a Comment