Well beings how Christmas has almost come and gone, here's a look at some of our Christmas preparations.
I put up my official "winter" plates. They never made it down last year until October. I'm thinking this year maybe I'll leave them up all year round. It might be fun to see how many comments I get about my snowmen plates in the middle of summer again.
This is one of Mike's most dreaded tasks. Putting up the tree. He may even dislike this more then putting up Christmas lights. But the kids love it.
Kaylee loved making sure that each branch looked perfect before it was aloud to be put on the tree.
Kade just didn't care what we were all doing. He plopped himself on the couch with his leapster and stayed there until we were finished. I worry about his ambition sometimes.
I love, love, love when the tree is all decorated. It adds such a warm spirit to the houses. Just picture David Archuleta Christmas music in the background. Doesn't it just make you feel all warm and cozy.
Some of the things that have made this Christmas a little "un-jolly."
*The snowman on my shelf has fallen over about 10 times. Each time it falls it breaks 2 or 3 ornaments. Now someone with half a brain would move the snowman. But no...I keep insisting he go back on the shelf.
*I ordered Mike a Christmas surprise on the Internet. Well the minute I hit confirm on the order I realized all confirmations were going to be sent to his email. This might not be a big deal to the average person, but since it's impossible to ever find Mike without phone in had, this created a dilemma. I immediately sent him a text and told him he could not check any email until I had the phone. I was able to delete the 4 messages this company had sent him (they REALLY wanted to confirm the order.) He got a couple more emails, so he knows where the item is from, he just doesn't know what it is....hopefully.
*SHOPPING! SHOPPING! SHOPPING! I have been so aggravated this year. It's almost as if the store knows I'm coming and what I want to purchase. Then they immediately send out an employee to remove it from the shelves. I went to 6 different stores to find one item. I went to 3 to find another. And countless times I have gone to a store to get something and then forgotten it, resulting in another trip back to the store. I still am not finished shopping yet because I can't find any of the items.
*Why do I insit on projects at Christmas time. Every year I do it, and every year I say I will never do it again. Why is it that I insit on learning how to do something new like 2 weeks before the big day? Someone please remind me next year.
Overall I am very excited for Christmas. I'm trying not to let anything damper my mood.
No comments:
Post a Comment