
Sometimes I feel like I am just treading water. I go through life paddling as hard as I can, just trying to keep my head above water. Then, BAM, I'm hit with a wave. Down I go. I always seem to be able to pull myself up and breathe just long enough before I'm hit again. I know those waves are coming, so why is it that I'm not prepared when they hit? It doesn't seem like it matters if it's a giant wave, or just a tiny one. When you are struggling to breathe, they all seem just as threatening. Maybe Santa will bring me a new life jacket this year. Then, maybe I will be able to function better.
"That which causes us trials shall yield us triumph: and that which makes our heart ache shall fill us with gladness. The only true happiness is to learn, to advance, and to improve: which could not happen unless we had commence with error, ignorance, and imperfection. We must pass through the darkness to reach the light."
5 comments:
Wow, I think you were inspired to put that quote down. I needed to hear it. I totally know what you mean...I'm feeling the same. Do you want to have a pity party together? Hope things get better soon for you!
Oh Heath...I am sorry! Really if you need to talk, call me! I hope things start getting better.
Love ya!
Heather that quote is just what I needed, sorry you are going through a difficult time..After a year I finally feel like I am starting to come out of my darkness. Life really does throw you curve balls, but those trials are what make us who we are.
I'm glad that you share your "downs" along with all your "ups." We all feel this way at times and it's nice to know I'm not alone. I'm sorry!
love you... you can hold onto my lifeboat for a little while until you get your strength!!! truly you are such a joy in my life, thank you!!!
Post a Comment